Script requests

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Script requests

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I can whip something up pretty quick when I get home, I will send it to you either over icq or a link to my pastebin acct.
Sylvan Darkarrow

Post by Sylvan Darkarrow »

Thanks.
cyrin

Post by cyrin »

i am needing a script that unequips bone or studded armours when casting,and quicly eguips back armours when needing. is some-one can assist me little with this i am thankfull
Palma

Post by Palma »

Add me to ICQ 621133872, I can make that for ya
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Remember to read the rules about 3rd program before using too complex scripts.

http://pangaea-world.dk/pangaea/rules/3 ... y-programs
3rd party programs

Using 3rd party programs to fast loot is illegal and againts the shard rules. Use the command .grab to loot your own corpse quickly.
ANY 3rd party program used to do things not possible without them, is NOT allowed under any circumstance. We will punish players hard for breaking this rule. A few known violations of these rules are running faster, alter the default light level on your client and the ability to loot fast.
The program called Razor is 100% forbidden to use when playing on Pangaea, since there is a high risk of client fired through razor will create shard lag. Violation will in most cases lead to banning your account.
Having a script which rapidly removes the armor and rapidly puts it back can be already considered too big advantage in my opinion. What you're trying to do is to bypass the armor restrictions based on your skill. That's not what the scripts are meant to do. They are meant to make your playing easier within the limits what you could do without them aswell.

I'm not saying I will be jailing players for using script like that once in a while, but I just want to give a heads up to retain the script using etiquette and if things like that gets too common then we need to do something about it.
Palma

Post by Palma »

He likely wants it to train or something I guess. Besides, it can never be too fast due to game mechanics xD

And if anything, I didn't use the bullet! Just made it :)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

So basicaly wand scripts and all last target scripts would be illegal? and by last target scripts i mean using script in pvp fight to quickly change last target to right target to cast a rite as an example.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Ivan wrote:So basicaly wand scripts and all last target scripts would be illegal? and by last target scripts i mean using script in pvp fight to quickly change last target to right target to cast a rite as an example.
What are you talking about? LastTarget and TargetNext are UO's own core macro functions.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Monad wrote:
Ivan wrote:So basicaly wand scripts and all last target scripts would be illegal? and by last target scripts i mean using script in pvp fight to quickly change last target to right target to cast a rite as an example.
What are you talking about? LastTarget and TargetNext are UO's own core macro functions.
He's talking about something being done more quickly than would be possible without the script. Without such a script one would have to double click the wand, then target the player manually - that delay could well mean the target dodging behind a tree or a wall, basically getting out of LOS.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Yep, currently macro for healing wands that is shared on forum uses wand faster than player ever could (dclick from bag) and uses target on yourself and switches .arm command to rearm your earlier weapon.

Also monks use easyuo macro to switch ltargetid quikly in pvp situation so they do not have to use health bars to target example hellfire wand or certain rite.

Bards also use sometimes maccros which allows using songs faster than normaly person could. (not counting .lastsong)