Pangaea trivia

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Basil Brotheamus

Re: Pangaea trivia

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Ivan wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Ivan wrote: order of the giants from weakest to strongest from players view.
Ursa is the champion.
Polar and grizzly share the second place.

Giants:
Water - Fire - Hill - Stone - Frost - Storm - Cloud
Pretty much correct but still a bit off, only two fixes and it'd be correct. There is simple explanation why also.
Myea, depends which player. If you have fire elemental summoners, then frost drops in the list.
If you have 3 regular maulers then my order is pretty much correct.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Stone giant takes way less damage from any type of weapon than frost, thats what it seems like to me as a player also. But the fact that some think storm as harder than cloud, there are exceptions within storm giants but usualy they are easier than clouds.

Last one is fire giant, it doesnt cast paralyze or any other type of spells than fire thus making it easier than water. You can solo a fire giant without paralyze protectiong while against water giant it is necessary to avoid being stomped after catching a paralyze spell. (even though water giant is weaker caster imo than titan)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Next one order of fiends by difficulty, this one is a bit trickier but players should be able to figure it out pretty easily.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Ivan wrote:But the fact that some think storm as harder than cloud, there are exceptions within storm giants but usualy they are easier than clouds.
From what I've noticed (could just be rng), cloud spells do more damage while storms melee harder and paralyze a bit more.
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Ice Fiend - Electrical Fiend - Fire Fiend - Poison Fiend
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Hilda wrote:
Ivan wrote:But the fact that some think storm as harder than cloud, there are exceptions within storm giants but usualy they are easier than clouds.
From what I've noticed (could just be rng), cloud spells do more damage while storms melee harder and paralyze a bit more.
Thats the reason why they call it harder? i wonder if people realise you are not supposed to get kicked...

I thought there was just some bad luck brian hunting and came always across the hardest possible storm giant (there is some variety even in same type of monsters atleast so it seems) (if anyone remembers that bullshit storm giant from storm i think that is lastest one i came across.)
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Toby Frost wrote:Ice Fiend - Electrical Fiend - Fire Fiend - Poison Fiend

Ice Fiend runs out of mana pretty quick, it gets dmg by close to any weapon/spell. But magicusers have better advantage on this one. Nature fellows take this one quickly.

Fire Fiend can be owned pretty quick by melee fighters. This one is close to impossible for any magicuser. Pain vs. Gain dont meet here tho. Only if you're a nature.

Poison Fiend Is easier than electric fiend, one can deal dmg close with anything. Also, a pain in the ass for fighters. But it runs out of mana pretty quickly and fighters can have it easy since it poisons more than MB's.

Electric Fiend Minibalron. Summons barely hurt it, it's spells might onehit you. Too much of a hassle for the small gain. So i vote this guy as the hardest fiend.

Fire and Poison fiends are debateable, since if we take out the Nature aspect then i'd go for Fire as easier than Poison since you can see the danger coming. (Aka, what's it casting)

Ice > Fire > Poison > Electric
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Just reading through a few pages of stuff and thinking this topic is a competition to see who is the biggest no-lifer that knows the mechanics behind the shard.

I knew most of that stuff sadly also :\
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Athan01 wrote: I knew most of that stuff sadly also :\
It's just fun to remind ;p
KennairAldshayn

Post by KennairAldshayn »

Years ago, GM Vehemence (before he became a GM, obviously), Elu Daeron and myself started this RP troupe. The idea revolved around three "baseclass robbers", who would go on hilarious adventures robbing Law and other players. Every robbery would, of course, end in dismal failure because of our shitty stats and skills. After every adventure, I would post a story on the RP board, along with pictures.

My character was named 'Conax Cortale', what were the names of Vehemence and Elu's characters?

Bonus points for the guess that's closest to the answer: what was the combined value of our scams and robberies in gold and equipment?
Pigeon: 691-280-878