Moderator: Game Masters

Whitewolf

Re: Meeting of the staff

Post by Whitewolf »

i have a shirt with that symbol on it johnny XD
Arolith

Post by Arolith »

Piety should always be earned, and easily taken away if the player's RP standards lower.
It's pointless if everyone gets 40-50-60 piety... It's supposed to be somewhat hard to get, so it's more rewarding for the HC RPer.
Adrian Kreios

Post by Adrian Kreios »

quick 10 second paint photoshop

happy, you got your duel swords, i want em to, and i did make my own topic :roll:
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Arolith wrote:It's pointless if everyone gets 40-50-60 piety... It's supposed to be somewhat hard to get, so it's more rewarding for the HC RPer.
No one should be encouraged to HCRP by giving rewards, it's a sin.
Adrian Kreios wrote:Image

happy, you got your duel swords, i want em to, and i did make my own topic :roll:
Usually the right (or in case of left-handed, left) hand wields a sword and the left hand wields a "main gauche" only.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Wed May 20, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Piety has ALWAYS been an RP award and it should still be.
Maximilian Lhoth

Kent Strider wrote:Piety has ALWAYS been an RP award and it should still be.
Argumentum ad antiquitatem

This is the fallacy of asserting that something is right or good simply because it's old, or because "that's the way it's always been." The opposite of Argumentum ad Novitatem.

"For thousands of years Christians have believed in Jesus Christ. Christianity must be true, to have persisted so long even in the face of persecution."
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

That is not necessarily true, it is one of the reasons it wasn't so bad to see a high piety priest, cause you knew the f'er had to work for it :P
Maximilian Lhoth

Kent Strider wrote:That is not necessarily true, it is one of the reasons it wasn't so bad to see a high piety priest, cause you knew the f'er had to work for it :P
Work, of course, but does the work need to be exactly done in the form of HCRP? I cannot give exact facts or percents, but I believe majority finds IG HCRP just plain boring. If I HCRP'ed instead of grinding I would be practically useless for Imperial for years instead of just months.

The way I usually play my characters:
- skills up, grinding
- enough money, grinding

When I am heightened and too rich, I can start to put emphasis on RP - this is why HCRP shards (which Pangaea is not) often have mega fast skillgains.
Maximilian Lhoth wrote:I personally am happier to see no piety hungry "unique and interesting" roleplay posts. Piety should be earned by simply serving your deity, that is true RP. Be it fighting, politics, preaching, coming to tome meetings and such or a mixture of those, whatever suits your style, as long as it also practically favorable in the eyes of your deity.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Wed May 20, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Max, powergaming only leads to piety untill Hp's can't give out no more, which used to be 30.
Piety is a gift for hardwork and dedication to your religon, this inculdes RP as a strong f'cking point.

Rp dosen't mean you can't powergame.
But it do mean during events you should be serious and put some work into what you say instead of standing like a nobrain idiot or if you bump into somebody who wants to know about "Her" you should do the best you can to prusade them aaaaaand it includes talking before pvp instead of just running around waiting for the others to finish talking.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Houston

Post by Houston »

Adrian Kreios wrote:Image

Looks cute, but this would fit the knights only.

One sword (right) can be used for offensive attacks and one (left) sword could be for defensive stance?

Once you reach 100 tactics on knight you are able to use both swords for both opportunities, offense and defense.

Now that we know that knights wont get 100 tactics without cloth+druidbless, their activity would raise and more heighten knights would be active!