Let talk about role playing for a moment

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Richard Mota

Re: Let talk about role playing for a moment

Post by Richard Mota »

Akkarrin wrote:sorry i dont have time to read all this at the moment but i will just say this

why would i want to play with someone who i dont like? not saying i dont like you, but its true you need to have friendship ooc as well as ig and you dont want someone going to gms every 5 minutes complaining about something done in our religion. i remember your first app i think you were lucky to get in after that.
if you dont like like someone and you dont to play with them then logout or play with someone you like. you are no better then the person that you dislike. also to get an account here you accepted the same policy to follow the rules of pang in order to play. why would break rules you promised to follow when you started playing then expect someone not to contact a gm.

edit also what makes you think you are any better than they are and that they dont have the right to play?
Last edited by Richard Mota on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:Okay faith this is were I think your wrong.

In a religion, a community is Important, OOC is as much important as RP IC when it comes down to a religion, for instance people do not want someone they dislike/distrust in the religion with access to Map Pass, secures, and times when they are vulnerable. I think it is quite sad you contacted staff about being rejected, If someone didnt want me that badly in a religion (especially more than one person) I would not even consider joining. Applications to a religion are not IC, they are OOC and they are considered OOC (judgement is based off numerical skills, rp capability, personality and attitude towards others).
you know this post right here reminds me of an idea i had for seraph as a solution to my problem. i had a shard idea once upon a time that would make the application proccess to join a religeon an ig rp issue that way you wouldnt know the person that played the character. also this would guarntee the fact that the decisions made on that character would be purely based on that character vs being based on the person that plays him. i believe this is what repsak wanted when he based pang on a role playing society that was supposed to refrain from ooc and metagaming.

edit
hopefuly some additional people will have ideas of good or bad role playing that can be viewed and discussed by all.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

ugh i give up i really dont see how you dont get this its not just about not liking ooc you've gone way beyond that i dont know exactly how far but its quite far from what i understand.

quite honestly if i was head of religion you wouldn't of got in in the first place with this attitude
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Akkarrin wrote:ugh i give up i really dont see how you dont get this its not just about not liking ooc you've gone way beyond that i dont know exactly how far but its quite far from what i understand.

quite honestly if i was head of religion you wouldn't of got in in the first place with this attitude
this is not a topic where you are to flame dislike me or a place to make personal stabs at me for nothing. this topic is here to discuss the role playing side of pang. to explain what good rp, bad rp, and/or what ooc is. if thats all you have on this topic i would appriciate it if you stopped posting here.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

This is Faith asking "Please, just cause you don't like me please let me stay in Law or be in your group anyway"

Faith, just quit being ignorant some times and thinking your all that and people might like you bro.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

Kent Strider wrote:This is Faith asking "Please, just cause you don't like me please let me stay in Law or be in your group anyway"

Faith, just quit being ignorant some times and thinking your all that and people might like you bro.
sir once again i will announce that this topic is for the understanding of roleplaying not to flame or badger me on the public boards. i dont care who likes or dislikes me as a person. i have just as much right to play as any of you.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Thats just that though, I am NOT trying to flame or badger you. Just trying to let you in on a secret. If you stop acting like your all that and a bag of chips someone might like you, hence forth you deal with situations like this less and less.
Sherrod

Post by Sherrod »

Role - A task or function/ actor's part
Play - Occupy oneself in a game or recreation

Now take your god damn role and play!!!1
Made by Adrian
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

just dont bother kent, ive tried for hours on this. he just doesnt even want to listen to other views. Calamity, take him please :) turn him to the darkside or whatever it is you do :P
Farimir

Post by Farimir »

Why are religions being treated like exclusive clubs or a private guild? When was the last time you were told you were not allowed to worship your God? The religions should be open to anyone who wants in, if they break rules and go directly against what the god stands for then kick them out. Just because you worship the same deity doesn't mean you ever have to see each other or even like each other.

High Priest should be respected and gone to for guidance not feared.

Just because a player doesn't see every little thing the exact same way as another doesn't mean they cant coexist even if there is an uneasiness between them.