Let talk about role playing for a moment

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Biggy

Re: Let talk about role playing for a moment

Post by Biggy »

Why don't we all just get back to playing personally I don't know every single detail. But this topic should be locked before it gets out of hand. People putting others down no way to talk to each other. Ps it's a f'in game!
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

I'm really sorry here but I agree with Akkarrin, if you dont like someone you're not going to vote yes on the application system. I don't care how many times you say; "applications are IC !!!!1" they're not. You base your judgement off a persons numerical skill, ability to roleplay (via a silly premade story that could be written by anyone), and from their overall reputation. Would you indoc a well known robber, thief, murderer? someone who steals from chests and such? I think not.

I just don't get some of these posts that go on about HC RP and that you cannot bring OOC situations ingame, to tell you the truth, no one is perfect and no one can totally seperate RL with IG. (Those who claim they can are idiots, you're telling me you don't get annoyed OOC when someone robs you?) If someone robs you, then possibly starts to brag on ICQ w/e you're not going to be nice etc. Moreover if I knew someone was personally an a-hole with me ingame, i'd confront them OOC, the reason? You're restricted ingame to what you can say, and if you have something to say that has meaning but is OOC, ICQ is the only option.

Faith, why bother? If a religion didn't like me OOC, I wouldn't even stay in it. What's the point? religions are fantastic for the fun, the hunting and the experience, you loose all that if you're isolated and an a-hole. Out of pure pride and dignity if someone told me to go (with the majority of the religion backed up) i'd go.

And about why are religions exclusive? I'll put it this way, religions are complex, for piety users it is a very powerful tool to be given (piety), the are situations were you need strong players who can rp/pvp/pvm; if you have never been in a religion before don't question why you are getting rejected, theres a good reason whether its your skill, your rp or your pvp ability.
What quickly happens is that whose who are not skilled, get pk'ed by the enemy repeatedly and they end up whining to the HP and 2nd's; but guess what? who's fault is it that you're not able to defend yourself, (aside from merchants, but what use is a journeyman smith in a religion?)

If you have "noobs" in religions, they can cause havoc, causing total piety drops, excomm's and giving the religion itself a bad reputation.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

yep we are humens and we all got feelings , even me , and i have been acused of allready have deside on a case out from my feelings.
this is what so damn hard about this game , but it like in school there are some you just can work with , might even be humen nature.

i can say i have seen a few but realy hardcore roleplayes , and they can simply turn your head so seriously when they roleplay that good.
my biggist problem is that i am not wery good at writting english or to spell , but that you allready know from this post.
I have been living in the us for a year and i have reletives in england , got and A in speaking english, but i suck at written in danish too ,and there i got an A too when i speak it.

Alteran
Sherrod

Post by Sherrod »

You're english writing 'aint bad. If we can all understand you then thats good enough for me atleast heh. I have respect for those who try. Its just those dont care about the roleplay that I usually have a problem with.
Made by Adrian
Neku

Post by Neku »

Alteran wrote:yep we are humens and we all got feelings , even me , and i have been acused of allready have deside on a case out from my feelings.
this is what so damn hard about this game , but it like in school there are some you just can work with , might even be humen nature.

i can say i have seen a few but realy hardcore roleplayes , and they can simply turn your head so seriously when they roleplay that good.
my biggist problem is that i am not wery good at writting english or to spell , but that you allready know from this post.
I have been living in the us for a year and i have reletives in england , got and A in speaking english, but i suck at written in danish too ,and there i got an A too when i speak it.

Alteran
I got a C and i was born in england ;)
Arolith

Post by Arolith »

ICQ doesn't necessarily mean OOC. If you for example send an "letter" via ICQ it is not OOC.

For example:

a Letter to Kent Strider,

Oh holiness, I'm quite sure I heard a fart of Esuna tonight. It didn't smell like roses. I still would like to serve Her.

- Ivan

That is not OOC, but in the case of any pvp related or religion related information wich could lead to a excomm or great drama the receiving side should take a screenshot of the message. To prove he received the information IC.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

well im on of those hard core role players that will turn your head and the majority of the time put a smile on your face. i know how to role play and i know matters that start over icq that wasnt involved in the game is out of character. now if its something that is happening in game (example a robbery) to call for backup should be ok as long as the arriving part has proper rp with the attacker before attacking.

also kenyon you can spare yourself by calling me a newb or by saying that i had low piety. i had 30 piety and my monk is getting up there towards heightning. the majority of the people did not want me to be removed from law as the forums stated last i read. also people like my 2 irl friends in law and my little brother didnt even say anything until after my access to the law forum was abusively removed. i dont think there has ever been a time someone has spoken with my monk and claimed that he couldnt rp. also i disagree with your saying "noone can keep everything on an ig level". i keep things ig and have found ways to word everything ive ever needed to say with proper rp.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Fact of the matter is, the GM's do not control the religions. If you are kicked by the HP thats that.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

You're still the same old mota.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Can't write a guide on how to RP duuude.
Everybody has a diffrent style and does it diffrently.

I really don't know what this topic is about but I'm sure it's just Mota being Mota.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat