PvP FAQ

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

PvP FAQ

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

PVP FAQ

Q: Can I kill people if I want?
A: Yes. You can kill any people freely anywhere, you need to talk to them IG first tho. For example "In the name of Dennac, die!"

Q: Can I loot anything?
A: Only people who have the permission from staff, so called "staff approved robbers" can, and even they can only gold and gems (amber, sapphire etc)

Q: I'm a staff approved robber. Can I just kill the victim and take items instead of telling the victim to give them?
A: Apparently yes because otherwise they tend to cheat, but I'm not sure on this one. Unclear.

Q: When stoning and malediction are allowed?
A: Inside or between parties (guild/religion/individual) that have both agreed to allow these in the ongoing war and informed the staff about their decision beforehand. And stoning or maledicting yourself is allowed too, most probably.

Q: What applies to stoning and malediction applies to looting too?
A: Yes, the parties can set their own looting rules such as "always clean", "not magic clothes", "only in fights but not during random encounters"

Q: If I want to wage a war on religion X with my religion Y and decide I want to loot, stone and maledict them, am I allowed to do so if I inform the staff?
A: No you are not, they have to accept the conditions too. Unless they accept any of them, it will be a zero looting, no stoning, no malediction war. Banishment will be the best weapon, also druid or mage curses and guard spamming in a war with no set rules work fine. Just spam enough to make your enemy fall asleep to save your emissaries.

Q: Is killing dead enemy's steeds/dragons or religious emissaries allowed?
A: Yes, because you gain no benefit for yourself, only hurt the enemy.

Q: Is leaving items of enemy to decay allowed?
A: Yes, but "corpsecamping" (making the enemy unable to get the items by killing him if he approaches or summoning guards constantly to the corpse) is not. If the enemy, on the other hand, cannot get the items because he died in the middle of 5 enemy emissaries, the items are to be left to decay.

Q: What about items on the ground? If the corpse is already decayed, and the items just lay on the ground because no one was able to recover them? Can I take them just like any item on the ground?
A: Most probably not if you are one of the people fighting against the person or an alt char. Unclear.

Q: Can I use my alt to get my items if I die to 10 enemy emissaries?
A: Most probably not. Unclear.

Q: Can I ask my random neutral friend to retrieve the items to me instead?
A: Most probably yes. Unclear.

Q: Is banishment allowed even if it causes the enemy to lose his items?
A: Yes it is. It is also the most effective way to cause damage to the enemy, if no special rules exist.

Q: What happens if you break the PvP rules?
A: Warning or mark (basically the same really) - if repeated, account jail (couple of days, maybe week) - if still repeated without any remorse, "ban" (longer jail) which can be undone later but it'll take a month or two. Staff decides but I speak from experience / what I've seen.
Alteran

Re: PvP FAQ

Post by Alteran »

Q: I'm a staff approved robber. Can I just kill the victim and take items instead of telling the victim to give them?
A: Apparently yes because otherwise they tend to cheat, but I'm not sure on this one. Unclear.
is not needed.
Q: What happens if you break the PvP rules?
A: Warning or mark (basically the same really) - if repeated, account jail (couple of days, maybe week) - if still repeated without any remorse, "ban" (longer jail) which can be undone later but it'll take a month or two. Staff decides but I speak from experience / what I've seen.PVP FAQ
The staff got a guidelines to punishment , but it like the judge the pentelty can go from 1 - 8 years in jail.

Alteran
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Q: What about items on the ground? If the corpse is already decayed, and the items just lay on the ground because no one was able to recover them? Can I take them just like any item on the ground?
A: Most probably not if you are one of the people fighting against the person or an alt char. Unclear.

Q: Can I ask my random neutral friend to retrieve the items to me instead?
A: Most probably yes. Unclear.
There is a thin line in doing this, but i dont see any problem in you getting one of your frinds to get your items , if you can´t retive them your self.

Alteran
Daryth

Post by Daryth »

This faq doesn't match the shard rules or the books found in the starter area. O.o
Mike

Post by Mike »

This is because it's written by Haldric, who has a habit of spreading bullshit when he's bored. He loves to post, quite frankly. You have to sort of the good stuff in these ramblings yourself.
Maximilian Lhoth

The original "pangaea-world.dk" rules and the books in the "starter room" are written in 2005 or so. Especially in 2008 and 2009 the PvP related rules have changed. And how do you know if I wrote this, or if I wrote this alone anyway? ;)

Also notice, how I have clearly marked some as unclear and I can assure even staff has not thought of all possible ways to "bend" PvP rules as there are many, this is why there are those "unclears"
Maximilian Lhoth

Addition:

When manhunt is going on steed killing is not allowed by either side
Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda »

Whats with stoning?
stating the obnoxious
Mulitun

Post by Mulitun »

I remember some time ago a friend of mine, did that and a GM deleted his stuff.
So its a no
Bird nest 217-575-815 , Skara brae

Kamperli - Grandmaster Alchemist
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

reason i sayed to get a friend to help you.

alteran