Dedicated server tryout (1 month)

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Wille
Developer

Re: Dedicated server tryout (1 month)

Post by Wille »

NA results were highlighted so that it'd be easier to pick relevant locations for the NA players from the list. The latency is already low enough for all the euro countries not to matter, thus putting emphasis on the better latency of the more distant locations.
Hear it not my lord, for it is a knell. That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

A big virtual handshake for you all Staff.

Awesome, really.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

If the dedicated server is up and running already, I assume the gains got on the one server, which locates at irming, are still saved?
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Jessica wrote:If the dedicated server is up and running already, I assume the gains got on the one server, which locates at irming, are still saved?
The dedi server running is just for testing purpose from a backup files. The real server is still running on Irming's comp yes.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

In all intensive purposes, this is a step in the right direction for NA players. This could bring the speed gap much closer, and this is solely my opinion from testing the dedicated server.
Arion

Post by Arion »

wooo pow, worked brilliantly and I believe it'll help euro players as well with lag spikes and such. I wait to hear others opinions and how it works for them but for the few Americans who tested it it seemed to be a huuuge step to balance.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Wille wrote:It'll be a non-virtualized (completely dedicated hardware) with a 100MB connection. All hardware is newer and better than our current.

This tryout will cost around 60e but if we decide it's good and I can port our data to Linux we'll be running it around 26e per month.
Any news on porting data to Linux?
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

every rock star needs a groupie...unfortunately for staff we are all guys, and your biggest fan is zaradon ;)
Palma

Post by Palma »

Wille
Developer

Post by Wille »

We won't resort to wine with server software =)
Hear it not my lord, for it is a knell. That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.