The randomness of 110 poisoning (Includes wall of results)

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: The randomness of 110 poisoning (Includes wall of result

Post by Boris »

Of course I can't talk on behalf of the previous adminstration, but at least we have not made any changes to poisoning skill. Things weren't as open as they are now, back then.

If there's a bug, it'll be fixed. It's as simple as that.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Boris wrote:Of course I can't talk on behalf of the previous adminstration, but at least we have not made any changes to poisoning skill. Things weren't as open as they are now, back then.

If there's a bug, it'll be fixed. It's as simple as that.

- Boris
All right fair enough. But I have one question if you are allowed to tell. What you said back then, you and your administration stand by it? Because you must understand that people get frustrated when one of the staff says that the poisoning skill is going to be "fixed" and then to see this results? Of course we/I come to the conclusion that the "fix" is a nerf. Might be an immature conclusion but one you can understand easily.

And also, I heard about this "fix" from a third party so of course I thought this was a none advertised nerf meant to go low since I didn´t find anything about it in forums. I'm an Icelander for crying out loud.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boost 100 Poisoning before Darion kills himself.
He called me last night and said disturbing things.

But on a serious note. Yeah, fix 100 Poisoning.

- Your poison never wears off.
- You hit with poison every time.
- You can use plague potion to poison your spear.
Last edited by Johnny Walac on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I don't know if there have been changes during the previous adminstratation, as changes were made without informing others. Rules were made by one man's decision and so forth. It's different now. By the looks it's not working as it should, escpecially the paralyze potions seem strange.

The main deal for any skill is, that it should be worth the train. If it's not, then you should be shooting your ideas to the idea's section.

- Boris
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Boris wrote:I don't know if there have been changes during the previous adminstratation, as changes were made without informing others. Rules were made by one man's decision and so forth. It's different now. By the looks it's not working as it should, escpecially the paralyze potions seem strange.

The main deal for any skill is, that it should be worth the train. If it's not, then you should be shooting your ideas to the idea's section.

- Boris
But you must be able to see in the scripts if this is the case or not? I chose this shard some 9 years ago because of the assassin class, was taught by Mr. Bloodbane himself and he seemed to have some info at that time because despite the nerfs to assis back then he said it was all worth it if I would gm poisoning (but he also said no one would ever reach it). You kind of kindled that flame a year ago when you confirmed how 100 poisoning worked. To me this test by Darion shows that it clearly is not working like that and rumour is that it changed after his initial test, even though I don´t think he saved the success rate when they attacked the imps back then.

But what I am trying to pull out here is... Is it your and your administration intentions to have poisoning to work as you described then? Because as it is, every hit is clearly not a success and it wears off.
I am a donkey and I need a carrot, but unlike what you see in comics I need to reach mine one day.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I have no access to the shard/scripts. Everything's open only to Irming/Neon/Wille.

At the moment it looks like there's something funny about both deadlies and paralyze potions. They'll be looked into and talked through.

- Boris
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Johnny Walac wrote:Boost 100 Poisoning before Darion kills himself.
He called me last night and said disturbing things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1KSaUEu_T4
Wille
Developer

Post by Wille »

Wille wrote:Currently I have a couple of important issues that I will look into, like poisoning, and I will fix them as soon as I can. So don't spam my icq too much, thanks.
This still stands true, I have not fixed the issues concerning poisoning. Due to the lack of centralization with poisoning, it requires a lot of changes to be done to many different scripts at once to fix the poisoning issues. The bug relating poisons had to do with poison level that was inflicted, and it caused paralyze to always inflict the full impact on the target, where it should've not inflicted anything. When I fixed the initial bug, paralyze potion was effectively nerfed as I couldn't create any temporary solution that would produce the wanted effects.

Other poisons should be fine, but once I actually sit down and look at the poisoning from ground up again I'll be able to make sure everything is as they should be.

For those who believe the bug concerning poison levels inflicted was surfaced due to Darion's GM skill, that is not true. The suspicion began to rose already much earlier from different sources and I tested it once I had time.
Hear it not my lord, for it is a knell. That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

<3
Orange

Post by Orange »

Johnny Walac wrote: But on a serious note. Yeah, fix 100 Poisoning.

- Your poison never wears off.
- You hit with poison every time.
- You can use plague potion to poison your spear.
I understand the latter of three statements, although IMO the first seems a bit unreasonable, maybe the poison's duration should last longer, but it should still be able to fade at a reasonable rate...

Also plaguing a spear seems redundant, Ultimately, if you went in for another strike, you'd risk possibly plaguing yourself, and surviving 65-75 healing sounds hellish. I really can't see that working in any situation, except maybe with backstabbing weapons. ( thats if plague cant spread to you while hiding/ while in stealth)

So could we get an estimation (from the staff) about the changes you plan on making to poisoning?