Houses

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Elwood McCormick

Houses

Post by Elwood McCormick »

Someone told me something about houses in siegable cities wich i need to get confirmation on: Apparently the controlling religion has the power to expel people from their houses and steal all their stuff........

I DO hope that is not truly the case, or if it is, shall be enforced by a lot of good RP reasons.
I dont see any fun in loosing all your stuff and house because some religion decided to siege your city....

On to another house related question: Where do house taxes go? Do they go to the controlling religion of the town it's in? What if it's an ungarded town? Is there any consequences to not paying taxes? (i saw houses in Brit that owed over a million gold in taxes)
xHarlequinx

Re: Houses

Post by xHarlequinx »

People who own houses can't eject owners and steal their stuff. Whoever told you that is a jerk. :p Although if Tekstone takes a city and there are offensive guards, it certainly could make it hard to get to your house.

Right now the taxes don't go anywhere, and I believe don't do anything, but I imagine they will probably become part of the siege system.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Elwood McCormick wrote:Someone told me something about houses in siegable cities wich i need to get confirmation on: Apparently the controlling religion has the power to expel people from their houses and steal all their stuff........
No, of course not.
Elwood McCormick wrote: On to another house related question: Where do house taxes go? Do they go to the controlling religion of the town it's in? What if it's an ungarded town? Is there any consequences to not paying taxes? (i saw houses in Brit that owed over a million gold in taxes)
The server uses them on cheap booze and fast women.. That's why it's randomly acting weird
xHarlequinx wrote: Right now the taxes don't go anywhere, and I believe don't do anything, but I imagine they will probably become part of the siege system.
A mayor system is more likely, but yeah. They will probably be tied together anyway.
Percy

Post by Percy »

Personally I think you should be able to pay guards to ignore you for x amount of time. How you would pay them is a different matter.

That way if an assassination was to take place someone could pay off the guards to let them in the city just incase feces hit the fan you could have an escape route.

Could be used for tons of different roleplay reasons too.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Elwood McCormick wrote:Apparently the controlling religion has the power to expel people from their houses and steal all their stuff........
Better yet to go offtopic and think of the side being a packload of playerhaters.

Sorry, but im not even close here for items. If you have any issues transfering your items or lost them contact me and i will help you as much as i can.