Tracking Progress.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

Re: Tracking Progress.

Post by GM Oden »

Began working on functionality that will be used on the altar for adding rites to a tome. This is first to be implemented through a dot command for staff and if works will be ported to the altar where I'll add the chants and other wacky hand movements.

I've not forgotten that Halloween is around the corner so, I will try to get that out to Blckfire asap, due to technical difficulties, I've scaled back about 4 items I wanted to throw in but there will still be plenty of variety. A little unsure how I want this stuff handed out, maybe a random two items from the list put into your ToT bag. This will give a good supply of randomness to hold us til next All Hallows' Eve.
Last edited by GM Oden on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typos
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Not sure if these will all make it but fixed a few bugs and added additional stuff, some of which will be left off the list :D.

Sent these to Blckfire this morning

Code: Select all

* .flip 22-10-2017
		- Adjusted system messages to user to match cliloc text.
		- Added staff level check to bypass all the normal checks so that staff may rotate items without having to deal with 
		  the obvious checks players are subject to.
		- Added system message coloring for different messages. (red for an issue with target, green for regular safe messages)
		- Added a new rotate function where the next graphic is stored on the actual item instead of in a separate cfg file. This WILL NOT
		  conflict with the current functionality as it is just an added check.
		- Changed command so that it is a multi target command, making it easier for players to decorate.

* 22-10-2017
		- Added the canRemove script to the spellbook item entry, this should hopefully prevent the puking up of spells.

* 13-10-2017
		added functionality to fix the steed dying in front of players issue.
Some of that is probably a bit more technical than you guys need to know but none of it is really secretive in terms of how it is done, a novice could do any of that to be quite honest about it. The spellbook fix (I hope as I have not been able to reproduce this issue) for instance is a matter of a simple look through the pol docs (I had this already scripted on my shard and it is a simple script, like I said it SHOULD fix puking up scrolls from spellbooks.)

Much of the .flip work mentioned above regarding a new system, system messages and colors was already done and some of it really does not matter to you guys either, the functionality is the same, it just makes things a little bit easier for future items to be added to the game and making them able to be rotated, again this was something I scripted for my shard a couple months ago as I am in the process of splitting my time between Pangaea and not specifically my project but the POL Distro which I hope will have ramifications for Pangaea at some point, but it includes updating and adding about 100+ House Addons (deeds) including a much more streamlined deed script compared to the one we have here on Pangaea and the one the Distro uses (streamlined in this case means, easier for staff to add more multipart items) and many more deco and items to the Distro for the POL community and hopefully one day be able to see it come to Pangaea.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

I has been quiet on the forums but wanted to update this thread with what I've been working on.

Religions - The altar stuff, I spent a good amount of time working on an altar system, then realized my work some of it was for nought. Due to a hell of a lot more features being present under the 099 core, I've kind of wasted some time there but I will drop it over to 096 and redo functionality I do not have access to under 096.

Automated Holiday Starter stuff - I've put together a system where shard staff plugin the different holiday event dates, starting and end, a custom message to send to the player on login and any goodies they want to hand out. I plan on expanding this to be able to trigger on events differently, login of player or just by calendar date which can then be used to have static events, such as DBG weekends setup statically every quarter as an example. This system will be both submitted to Pangaea and released publicly on the POL forums, though the one on the POL forums will be drastically simplified since there's proper built in functionality for grabbing dates and times.

Basically, I know this is a side project that no one has asked for but automation means players become accustomed to when events start and end instead of on the whim of staff. This is intended to be purely static events and holidays and not one offs.

Note: I've received a few bug reports I have started to look into, so I plan on getting some of those fixed as well just wanted to get the holiday stuff done and dusted as there will be additional goodies submitted for this and future Christmas gifts. Nothing ground breaking but just extra thanks to players for their time invested.
Striker

Post by Striker »

keep up the good work!
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

anything new happening?
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Well, yes.

I ran into an issue where method scripts are handled differently than they are in 099 so I've had to change those, would've been nice to find this out a month or two ago but I digress.

Working on some bug fixes that I'll be pushing to blckfire, I think I've finally and properly fixed the mount death animation for mounts. Going to make a happy fun addition for people.

About to roll out the new holiday stuff to blckfire which will bring more decor items to players at Christmas time with a new container or two. I'd like to rewrite the Christmas present but I'm not sure if my gumps pig was dropped in so I will probably hold off but the idea is to make it easier to add new stuff to the Christmas present and to also have a wider selection of colors that is randomly selected on create of present so not everyone's present is the same color and when charges are used up, it isn't destroyed but becomes a gift box for use as decor or to give items away as a gift to another player.

Going to again push my past updates to get the Halloween stuff which should have worked but didn't again. But is needed for any items I intend to add that are able to be rotated.

As for religions that's on hold for hopefully a short time until I find out more info. You can ask me personally about this if you're confused.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

And the name change ticket? If it's not pushing too much :D
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Glarundis wrote:And the name change ticket? If it's not pushing too much :D
On the to-do.

I've to do some Gump work for the POL Distro team so while I'm designing a Gump for them I'll work on a Gump design for it, I'm realistic so just going to say just like in real normal life, gender is binary, you're either a 0 or a 1.

I don't think with what I've learned this will be a big project for the name change stuff so here's to hoping. It'll be after I finish the holiday stuff, had to do some tech work tonight fixing a computer for someone so did absolutely nothing scripting wise.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

I'll start on the Gump and name change stuff this weekend. The other project mentioned in the previous post for the Distro team is about done, just need to build an array for the given data for the Distro side project.

I may still have the work I've done on this name change thing I'll have to see but I'm not hopeful.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Thanks to pestering on auto map chat, name change deed is done. There will be a few restrictions which I'll explain after the features.

Features:
- Gender Change : fortunately, there's two options here, Female or Male. A game mimics real life.
- Name Change : You get to change your name. Restrictions for this will be listed below.
- Forgiveness : As you are starting life afresh, you can put to be forgiven of past murders and pull yourself out of the robber scheme if that still exists. This is a freeby, one time only so take advantage of this particularly if your murderous ways are a truly thing of the past.
- Skin and hair color change
- Hair style change

Restrictions:
- Names must be between 4 to 16 characters long.
- Numbers are restricted
- certain symbols are allowed or will be, laid in bed last night thinking about what symbols need to be allowed.
- Your name CANNOT match that of another players.
- Fictional and certain historical names will be restricted. If you've any ideas on names for this list please let me know. I'll try to include the big ones. (Dridzt and variations there of, the baggins names, other chobbit names from Tolkien, I've never and revise to read the Game of Neverending Thrones so if anyone is a die hard fan feel free to submit names, Adolf Hitler, Vassili Zaitsev, Ho Chi Minh, miyamoto musashi, Alger Hiss, Obama, the Clintons, Trumps, Bush's. I mean the list might not get this long but the point is be creative, we don't need an Obama running around on the shard, it's bad enough the world was stuck with him for 8 years.

I'm looking for feedback on what names should be restricted and symbols. Since most of you speak foreign, I know dashes and possibly ' would be appropriate but I don't know all of them.

Accent marks are off limits however, things like, ò ó ô õ ö à á â ã ä å and the ilk.