Feedback on the new router setup

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Shadow_Nirvana

Re: Feedback on the new router setup

Post by Shadow_Nirvana »

I am having lag and crashes too, and cannot login now gets stuck at entering brittania.
Ork-Hun Akh-Man, Assassin in training
Ser-Tach Akh-Man, Merchant

Bird Location : 608-965-161
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Got disconnected at 21:13 GMT Portugal. Was able to connect right after.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

same here 21:13 GMT UK
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Are we sure it's an external hardware issue? Maybe it is a hdd / OS / processing based problem. When was the last time the hdd that stores the data for the server was upgraded / maintenance ran? Could we consider upgrading the hardware?
Irming

Post by Irming »

the server has two internet connections (two lan cards) in the machine. People connected using the main internet line gets disconnects every now and then ( not everyone - seems to be a select few), people using the backup connection never gets disconnets.

I dont see how it can be anything else than the internet connection (or maybe the lan card)

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

There used to be dc´s on backup sever also. For one day backup server was even worse than mainline. But at the moment i got 27 second world save.
Shalinn

Post by Shalinn »

well atleast on me this mainline been working perfectly today. not any problems now
Palma

Post by Palma »

Trust me, try the RAM. Might make no sense at start, but if you look at it more closely, it makes perfect sense.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Simmo wrote:There used to be dc´s on backup sever also. For one day backup server was even worse than mainline. But at the moment i got 27 second world save.
There have been two backup things tested so far, backup server and backup internet connection. The backup server was a slower machine (that had the long world saves). That is no longer being in use. The backup internet connection is the one that you should see when you're trying to log in (and Irming is saying that it is having fewer connection issues)
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Irming wrote:the server has two internet connections (two lan cards) in the machine. People connected using the main internet line gets disconnects every now and then ( not everyone - seems to be a select few), people using the backup connection never gets disconnets.

I dont see how it can be anything else than the internet connection (or maybe the lan card)

Irming
Are you running anti-virus or Peerblock type programs? If programs like these were updated recently, the settings could have been adjusted as a result and deny / allow-temporarily some connections and then disconnect after a certain period of time. Most AV work like this.