Meeting of the staff

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Meeting of the staff

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Quintoz wrote:it includes talking before pvp instead of just running around waiting for the others to finish talking.
I still fail to see what has "talking before PvP" to do with "RP" when 20% of your temple city's guards are already slaughtered.

Or, in most cases of PvP anyway. The rule is there not to encourage RP, for some odd reason I can do just about any things that make no sense RP wise; hurting myself with Noceo Vulnero until I'm almost dead and then healing myself, killing my good friends and then resurrecting them (like me & they were NOBRAIN IDIOTS that even feel no physical pain at all)
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Wed May 20, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Becouse thoose are the f*cking rules.

"Before an attack
For an attack to be acceptable there must be a role play reason for the attack, and this reason MUST be made perfectly clear to the victim BEFORE the attack start (before the victim receives the *’Name’ is attacking you*).
Using a macro to quickly fire off the reason for the attack is not allowed for 2 reasons, if you fire off the macro the player will have little chance to even read it, and secondly because it will lower the role play quality if each attack will be stated with the same macro every time
After you have told your victim the reason for your attack, you must wait a few seconds until before you can attack, to be sure the victim have a change to read the reason. This rule will have to be enforced strictly to prevent situations where the attacker fires off his reason and then attacks right away.
If your reason for an attack is revenge, insults etc. you must have evidence for those reasons in the form of a screenshot."

Now, back on topic.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Maximilian Lhoth

Quintoz wrote:Becouse thoose are the f*cking rules.
The rule is not there because of lack of RP but because of excess of POWERGAMING - it is there to make escaping USING UN-RP METHODS (such as .mayday or quaffing a d poison potion) easier.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Max you are right and I agree. But like Quintoz says, you can powergame and RP at the same time, hell thats what most people did back in the day.
Maximilian Lhoth

Alteran wrote:1 thing we will place up to the players is the piety system to lower all to 40 piety and have the hp at 60 still and for each 5 members the religion would have a trustie that would be allowed 50 piety and the max would be 4 trusties.

The removel of the dubble timer when jumping relgions.

2 allow tailors to change magic cloth to other slots , but it would cost +2 on the cloth .
so a +10 lumberjack pants would be made into a shirt +8 and +2 cloth would not be able to change.
All are good changes.
Tina Gex

Post by Tina Gex »

back to topic please. you can discuss the other stuff another place

Alona
Neku

Post by Neku »

good changes :D so when you give a tailor an indy cloth and get it changed to another slot it will be +8 instead of 10?
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Hm. this still dosn't make the players to help the religion, rp and all that. To get higher piety.
Maybe to try get trusties but i think those will be choosen already.

So you can put everyone down to 40piety except HP.
Then when the HP thinks someone deserves 50piety he sends an recomendation to the staff. *why he/she should get 50piety. Then the staff observes that person untill
they are convinced.

As i asked and the staff wont put trust on the HP to grant 50piety to people he thinks deserves it.
But this will make the members realy put effort into their RP to impress the HP so he will make the staff put the eyes on him.
This is to save the staff alot of time.
Great responsibilty on the HP. But he often knows whats best for the religion.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Whitewolf

Post by Whitewolf »

Johnny Walac wrote:Hm. this still dosn't make the players to help the religion, rp and all that. To get higher piety.
Maybe to try get trusties but i think those will be choosen already.

So you can put everyone down to 40piety except HP.
Then when the HP thinks someone deserves 50piety he sends an recomendation to the staff. *why he/she should get 50piety. Then the staff observes that person untill
they are convinced.

As i asked and the staff wont put trust on the HP to grant 50piety to people he thinks deserves it.
But this will make the members realy put effort into their RP to impress the HP so he will make the staff put the eyes on him.
This is to save the staff alot of time.
Great responsibilty on the HP. But he often knows whats best for the religion.
done deal do that !
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

good changes so when you give a tailor an indy cloth and get it changed to another slot it will be +8 instead of 10?
yes.

Alteran