Feedback on the Dedicated server tryout

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Irming

Re: Feedback on the Dedicated server tryout

Post by Irming »

Palma wrote:
Irming wrote:
Palma wrote:So Irming! What's it like? To have the PC shut down without the constant noise? Only if for a few hours now :P
well the server have been standing in my office next to my NAS server, so not much of a difference really ;)

Irming
Really? You got a NAS at home? Dafuq you want that for? :P
File server at home. Good for access to shared files, documents, pictures and DVD movies. Playback on my medie center, without the need of DVD discs, that the kids scratch and so on. Easy way to make backup of all files at once..

Lots of reasons to have a NAS ;)

irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Arion

Post by Arion »

Cruisin on a sunny afternooon. This speed increase for 2d has got my flying higher then any of the dopest dopes found on the planet today. *sends donation*
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Like Brax, I'm running smooth as ever also. He's from the same area as myself(Southeast USA) and we've had a significant increase. I'm not sure how because it's semi-baffling but I'm certainly not complaining.

As I said in the 3D poll thread, this is certainly a step in the right direction for NA players.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Irming wrote: File server at home. Good for access to shared files, documents, pictures and DVD movies. Playback on my medie center, without the need of DVD discs, that the kids scratch and so on. Easy way to make backup of all files at once..

Lots of reasons to have a NAS ;)

irming
Alright you have my permission.
And I thought I was happy with my lil external drive at the Router USB :P
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Not sure where my comment went, but I fixed the issue on my side and I am now running pretty darn smooth. The true test will come when there is a decent bit of PvP going on. You could say its the only part that truly matters, but heres to hope!
Wille
Developer

Post by Wille »

Since the network and hardware is much more capable the only problems PvP might cause are solely software related.
Hear it not my lord, for it is a knell. That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Kent Strider wrote:Not sure where my comment went, but I fixed the issue on my side and I am now running pretty darn smooth. The true test will come when there is a decent bit of PvP going on. You could say its the only part that truly matters, but heres to hope!
What was the problem and how did you fix it? Just for the reference if others are having same problems.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Boris suggested I call my isp and explain the situation to them, spent two hours on the phone with Comcast until finally someone I talked to understood what I was saying. Atm, I have a more direct connection to the dedicated server.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

There is always a good way to make them understand:

- Listen, I am addicted to a game which has a server in Germany. If you don't manage to make my latency less than 130ms I will have to change isp.

- We understand, what is the ip?

Argon
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kent Strider wrote:Boris suggested I call my isp and explain the situation to them, spent two hours on the phone with Comcast until finally someone I talked to understood what I was saying. Atm, I have a more direct connection to the dedicated server.
Pretty unusual for an ISP to be able to change the route to a specific server. The packets usually take the quickest possible way no matter what.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota