Moderator: Game Masters

Mervin Moondust

Re: 2D Pact.

Post by Mervin Moondust »

Yep im in!
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

There is a serverside speed restriction. With 3D it applies - with 2D you need speedhack to get to it.

Back then I tested the speeds and discovered 3D is 1.24 times 2D. And whether you hack 2D to 1.5 or even 2.0 times the speed, the serverside limit is there, you still run ~1.24 times regular 2D speed.

Personally I would say that speedhack should be legalized (to be used when need be - fleeing or PvP situations), but for some reason people don't get it.

No one actually ever told me why not, but I thought it may have something to do with speedhacking being too complicated... come on, ppl here use easyuo, uo automap, snapshot.

Lorendia had 2D speed as serverside restriction, 3D wouldn't give you any advantage. Same speed. It was awesome for PvP, and I loved the "anarchy" with enforced RP too. (Pangaea, though, has a nicer map, nicer custom ore/hide system, and a nicer PvM/crafting system.)

Personally, I see 2D vs. 3D speed difference issue as bugged (on POL96), and speedhacked 2D as a fix to this bug.

Also I got to add, back then - I will not mention names - two opposing teams both said phvck 3D and decided to use 2D with speedhack - only in PvP tho. No snitching occurred since everyone was a part of the deal, no one knew who actually used hacked 2D or 3D.
Mandos

Post by Mandos »

Well, dont know what's happens but, 2D here does not work anymore. Its so much lag, like I can't run of a simple daemon. Spikes, spikes and spikes on each every move.
I don't use 3D for PVP, but bacause if don't exist this client i'd have to close my account on pangaea.
3D is ugly graphics, colors, system of buy and sell, etc. but i have to use it to play on this Shard and still have some lag.
When i playing on Avalon, I had not any lag, and I playing with 2D

panGAEA, a subliminal message.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Hey!

3D is why I stopped playing in the first place.

Count me in of course :)
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Mandos wrote:Well, dont know what's happens but, 2D here does not work anymore. Its so much lag, like I can't run of a simple daemon. Spikes, spikes and spikes on each every move.
I don't use 3D for PVP, but bacause if don't exist this client i'd have to close my account on pangaea.
3D is ugly graphics, colors, system of buy and sell, etc. but i have to use it to play on this Shard and still have some lag.

It's okey to use 3D if 2D lags. Pangaea accept both clients. I just made this pact for we who are able to use 2D without lag.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Kolpitor

Post by Kolpitor »

OFC, YES for me aswell. add me on list
Blide

Post by Blide »

Yes, get rid of 3D!
*signed*
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Mandos wrote:Well, dont know what's happens but, 2D here does not work anymore. Its so much lag, like I can't run of a simple daemon. Spikes, spikes and spikes on each every move.

It's okey to use 3D if 2D lags. Pangaea accept both clients. I just made this pact for we who are able to use 2D without lag.
Actually I lag a lot most of the times, but I still rather use 2D O.o
If it lags to the point that I cant PvM then I just do something else...
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

I shall start using 2D in PvP then. Just awsome that so many shared the same interest. Keep it coming.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Zacharias

Post by Zacharias »

I don't do much PVP, but in case I ever would, I can agree.

I've always used 2D anyways, because 3D just looks ugly.

Actually I liked many of the pre-aos graphics more than the current ones. Like demons for example.