The randomness of 110 poisoning (Includes wall of results)

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: The randomness of 110 poisoning (Includes wall of result

Post by Johnny Walac »

You can always check out the 100 Poisoning thread 100 Pozang Ideas
I already said that a poison that never wears off is a bit over the top.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

The most important for this to be a good skill is that you are always successful when you hit. That is the only thing of this 3 that I really care about. The poison wearing off I could deal with.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

ok
i really don't care if darion is going to have an op char. there have been op chars in the past. there are some right now.
but it's fucking hard to train poisoning!
the guy deserves it.
and i don't know how it works now, if we need to blame a script or whatever.
i just want to know if it's really really supposed to work (if there are no errors)
like boris said. because if it's not supposed to work like that, why would he say it?trolling a bit is fine, but one DOESN'T GET to troll with a skill that requires gazillions of money and time to gm!!!!!do that with some other skill or item, but not poisoning! i mean omg :D

-poisoning with plague potion is just stupid. i wouldn't want that.
-i'm glad that boris already said that it's not supposed that you poisoning someone else's weapon and it'd work as if they had 100 poisoning (although, that year ago when everyone read some things on forums (yeah i know there are shitloads of witnesses, and we can always put a link to that post :D) he said that 100 poisoning would give you ability to poison other ppl's weapon and have it work as 100 poisoning)
-always successful effect when hit. if not successful all the time, atleast don't make it the absolute rubbish that it looks from darion's post.
-poison never wears off. i think it should wear off, but it should last a lot longer than it did, especially on deadlies. i don't want to use deadlies so that after a few hits it's greater.

i agree with darion when he said that one can just have 85 poisoning, get indy cloth and use deadlies, past that is just wasted money. there needs to be a reason to be an assassin, in fact, two reasons. poisoning, and backstab. apparently one was really worth it, so fix it if the problem is some bug or script or whatever. if it was a nerf, un-nerf it, make it reasonable (reasonable in the case of poisoning = overpowered, but only a bit :D)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Actually it was said that poison wouldn't wear off when someone with 100 poisoning poisoned a weapon, even if it was used by someone with less poisoning. Doesn't mean they would get the same poisioning rate or effect.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Wille
Developer

Post by Wille »

Not all systems of poisoning currently function correctly, but here's some facts how they should work.

1. Higher poisoning will always result in higher chance to apply poison on a weapon
2. Poisoned weapon does not carry information about the poisoning skill of the applier, and thus poisoner's skill will not have any direct effect in checks made by other players. However, more poison may be applied onto a weapon by a more skilled poisoner.
3. Poison will always wear off, the rate of it's wear varies with several variables.

Poison (should at least) wear off only when it is transferred onto a victim. Higher skill enables less poison to cause a more significant impact on the target, thus lowering the amount of poison a better poisoner loses from his weapon when successfully poisoning a target.

When taking into account a higher chance to poison a target and thus spend poison, a better poisoner could still spend all of his poison quickly.
Hear it not my lord, for it is a knell. That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Wille wrote:Not all systems of poisoning currently function correctly, but here's some facts how they should work.

1. Higher poisoning will always result in higher chance to apply poison on a weapon
2. Poisoned weapon does not carry information about the poisoning skill of the applier, and thus poisoner's skill will not have any direct effect in checks made by other players. However, more poison may be applied onto a weapon by a more skilled poisoner.
3. Poison will always wear off, the rate of it's wear varies with several variables.

Poison (should at least) wear off only when it is transferred onto a victim. Higher skill enables less poison to cause a more significant impact on the target, thus lowering the amount of poison a better poisoner loses from his weapon when successfully poisoning a target.

When taking into account a higher chance to poison a target and thus spend poison, a better poisoner could still spend all of his poison quickly.
Seems legit to me. Assassins would just need to carry two weapons. One that they're using for poisoning (or when they really want to spike something) and one that they use generally.