2D Pact.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kat Asherstone

Re: 2D Pact.

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Johnny Walac wrote:Certain members of Imperial are using 3D. They are active in PvP but do not wish to sign this pact. So its pretty useless. Shall we dissolve the pact or just use 3D when we PvP with them?
Umm pacts are made between some people but not always every person.

If the idea of this entire post was to try and get everyone to use just the 2d so that PvP would be "fair" then you were kidding yourself to think it would work, of course people will want an advantage in PvP. You woulda been better off trying to get the GM's to make a rule banning the 3d client, but they can't do that... so this whole 3d, 2d thing is a moot point, other than compiling a list of the 2d players on the server.

Pacts aren't dissolved by the want/needs of one person, just take your name off the list if you don't want to be part of the pact anymore cause not everyone will play "fair".
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Certain members of Imperial are using 3D. They are active in PvP but do not wish to sign this pact. So its pretty useless. Shall we dissolve the pact or just use 3D when we PvP with them?
Umm pacts are made between some people but not always every person.

If the idea of this entire post was to try and get everyone to use just the 2d so that PvP would be "fair" then you were kidding yourself to think it would work, of course people will want an advantage in PvP. You woulda been better off trying to get the GM's to make a rule banning the 3d client, but they can't do that... so this whole 3d, 2d thing is a moot point, other than compiling a list of the 2d players on the server.

Pacts aren't dissolved by the want/needs of one person, just take your name off the list if you don't want to be part of the pact anymore cause not everyone will play "fair".
I thought more active PvP'ers would go for the pact. In fact. I thought all active PvP'ers who can use 2D would use 2D. The staff will not ban 3D. The whole idea with this pact was so PvP would be fair. As most people who PvP know eachother so a pact would be great. But some people come back and aint a part of the Pangaea community so they do not care. And this pact was working. Had some great PvP battles with those on the list. 2D all the way. Too bad some cant/wont use 3D.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

As far as I have noticed there's only one person in Imperial using 3D and he's from USA where otherwise the connection lags quite much. Could be wrong too.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Monad wrote:As far as I have noticed there's only one person in Imperial using 3D and he's from USA where otherwise the connection lags quite much. Could be wrong too.
I heard there was more then one. I will give you a Telborea Citizenship if you peek around some more.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Masano

Post by Masano »

Tyrion/Iru and Krondor use 3d.

edit: Just had a great idea. What if instead of a 2d pact there is some 'Name n Shame' topic for those who use 3d where we can insult them and their families with the goal of eventually forcing any player that uses 3D to either kill themselves or stop playing.
Mackean

Post by Mackean »

whoop de doo basil
Mike

Post by Mike »

Masano wrote:Tyrion/Iru and Krondor use 3d.

edit: Just had a great idea. What if instead of a 2d pact there is some 'Name n Shame' topic for those who use 3d where we can insult them and their families with the goal of eventually forcing any player that uses 3D to either kill themselves or stop playing.
Shouldn't expect much trouble from Krondor, but Iru using 3d is a problem.
Last edited by Mike on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

As long as the people im fighting against uses 2D, im also using it. But when theres even one whos logged in with 3D. Im going for it also. Dont like losing to someone who has advantage. I.e my blesses fades middle of fight against Johnnys archer. I got good chances to survive cos both are using 2D. Would be whole different story against someone whos logged with 3D. Cant outrun the person with 3D so I would be dead after few hits.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I don't know if I'm alone in feeling that those who engage in PvP who avoid using 3D client because they think it's ugly, are kinda crazy. But since you like PKing so much (some of you are just PvP wh**es), I think that playing with ugly graphics is a fair price to pay. Let's not forget that there are players from non-EU countries who lag like hell on 2D due to latency issues..

Though I don't engage in PvP, I love the greased lightening that the 3D client is compared to the snail paced 2D client. But gosh I hate the space helmet and crappy ore hue problem.
Last edited by Edward Sinclair on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

I removed my name from the pact. I do not want the pact to be abused by a few who use 3D.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2