Your Burning Questions / FAQ Re: RunUO/Shard Update

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Your Burning Questions / FAQ Re: RunUO/Shard Update

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Eek...The diaspora kind of was the end of Journey's End from me for a couple reasons:

The main reason being, we were couped in Wind for quite a big chunk of time as I recall and then when we reclaimed minoc and every other town was still over run with shit, we were stuck in Minoc for an even bigger chunk of time (This is when I moved over to Pangaea, about a month into being stuck in either Minoc or Wind). If we go with something like this, it either should be an automated quest system (which could be doable I imagine with RunUO where clearing out towns from baddies could be handled, like for instance you clear Britain out sector by sector and once a sector is clear nothing bad will spawn in that sector) OR the staff will need to be more active then Journey's End staff was when it came to removing spawn points once a city was cleared.

The other thing was of course, I felt the tinge of losing all my riches. Unlike this current situation where there is the possibility of a brighter future, as was mentioned, due to the hard drive failure and a serious flaw in POL (This was fixed btw), we lot everything and were ported into wind, the worst city in Ultima imo due to major flaws where you'd get stuck if you fell off a stair case just right and were forced to fight our way back with as I mentioned above, a very very inactive staff that seemed to have lost interest in actively removing spawns from towns and cities that were cleared.

(As a side note, the one thing I'd like to see added back in is the Chaos Effects be added to Pangaea for magic users, it always kept me on my toes when I was playing a magic user.)
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

We're hoping to have the entire base-world spawned before launch (which there should be enough time for non-coders to do while coders work on code stuff.) I hadn't thought about scripting the liberation of cities... but it should be relatively easy enough to do (may not be necessary though, as I think we've got enough activity between those of us on the GM team to make sure it gets done in a timely fashion).
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Hmm quick question on religions/town control, if we are going to be absent of religions at start, will the towns be spawned under control of lord blackthorns or lord british?
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

KrondorZuula wrote:Hmm quick question on religions/town control, if we are going to be absent of religions at start, will the towns be spawned under control of lord blackthorns or lord british?
I wouldn't mind seeing lbr and lb being non religious based characters where instead of religions having a god and then throwing allegiance to back a worldly leader make them guild based where guilds back one or the other. Religions be just following their god and not vow allegiance to a worldly leader.

As for the reclamation of cities and a scripted system, even if you were not to use it it could be handy to code at some point eventually to add to a quest bag of tricks.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

All neutral cities, then after the new religion system / allegiance system etc. are implemented, religions (or w/e faction system exists) should be allowed to start grabbing territory.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

KrondorZuula wrote:Hmm quick question on religions/town control, if we are going to be absent of religions at start, will the towns be spawned under control of lord blackthorns or lord british?
Haven't really discussed it yet, but I've always thought of things being post-Lord Blackthorn/British.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Iktomi wrote:
Haven't really discussed it yet, but I've always thought of things being post-Lord Blackthorn/British.
The guards should be post-Lord BT or B, so.. under the control of Lord De'Mauno :)
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
tennmiller

Post by tennmiller »

Dargon wrote:
Iktomi wrote:
The guards should be post-Lord BT or B, so.. under the control of Lord De'Mauno :)
+1
--

Jarid Devine,
345-179-875
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

The dread and ancient Ivan took the axe and beheaded every single guard. So there is no need for guards. That'd be much more fitting.

Also it'd be much more interesting to see how things would work out, if there was no guards.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Ivan wrote:The dread and ancient Ivan took the axe and beheaded every single guard. So there is no need for guards. That'd be much more fitting.

Also it'd be much more interesting to see how things would work out, if there was no guards.
sounds like a ''paradise'' for newbies