Covetous dungeon

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Oomari

Covetous dungeon

Post by Oomari »

Desided to try out this new dungeon in full Spirit Stone plate set. And if this is a medium dungeon (medium, in my World Means, a dungeon that ppl just into class with high but not gm fighting skils) then its insane.

1: first mob encounter is a 2 tile sms mob doing 40 to 50 dmage pr hit
2: Next you encounter 2 to 3 1h sword men doing 30 to 40 damage each, but also heals like hell.
3: when you finally gets to ''first'' room, you get a wall trap that Locks you in with 3 to 6 1h sword men, that still heals like hell

gave up after this point, as i saw no point in continue since the loot is like 120-140 gold pr mob.

So if you really want this place to be medium, you gotta lower the damage a LOT.

my 50 cent
Jaskier Huntley

Re: Covetous dungeon

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

Have you been there alone?Because i highly doubt that this (or any besides Despice) dungeon was designed for one, poorly trained character.
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

I went alone, but with a char that was gm in all the needed fighting skills, but i even doubt 2 players with nearly max skills can do it, as the damage they do is way to high for a medium dungeon.
Biao

Post by Biao »

For what i have been talking with Dante he meant for this dungeon to be made by a group of 4 mid tier players... (hope i remember it right ^^)

I did it twice to try it...

First time:
2 guys
Covetous lv1-2 and the half the transition to the 3 lv...
Not sure exactly how long we took since we were afk some time and so... but around 2h-2h30
loot were +/- the following:
200 red daemon hides
2 magical cloths and some locked chests

Second time:
2 druids, 1 bard,1 baba
1 hour to make lv 1-2
100k loot
no magical clots....
200 red daemon

I alredy sent my feedback to Dante about the dungeon... My advice is you should do the same.

PS: anyone wanna share how to enter in lv3 ? ^^
Last edited by Biao on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

guess that its an ok dungeon then, and there be only 1 dungeon for ppl that like to hunt alone....despice :(
Ares

Post by Ares »

Oomari wrote:guess that its an ok dungeon then, and there be only 1 dungeon for ppl that like to hunt alone....despice :(
You can do level 1-2 of several other dungeons, and there are loads of openmap spawns as well. But yeah, we don't have any other dungeon that's designed to be cleared alone.
Floid

Post by Floid »

You can try Shame also. Lvl1 and 2 can be done solo, not much loot tho.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Way too much cluster in this dungeon. Monsters doing too much damage and taking too long to kill for the loot. Was interesting part way through the first level because it was a new mob but honestly just became way too much of a hastle by the time we got to level 3. Plus I do believe the adven guild ticket for this place needs to be revisited 120 tickets for the amount of time it takes in this place even with Dblessed heighten chars is quite low.
Dante

Post by Dante »

I think there's a major flaw with Spirit stone, it was intended to be the main armour for the dungeon but the AR is just too low.

The horrors need removing from level one.

Was you using the correct weapon ore?

And did you realise the mobs are fully resistant to elemental damage?
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Used elite Snog as they were still poisoned by it and the Immune to elemental damage is what I believe is a huge downside to the dungeon as it eliminates casters except as complete support. I actually didnt mind the casters cause it increased the loot however with their high damage spells if you were wearing spirit stone would probably hurt quite a bit. I wore shalrius is probably why I didnt really care about them too much. Just it is quite packed and and easy to get stuck in the small corridors. I did like the ladder to the new part of the dungeon that was pretty neat. But I'd say the main reason I was a little disappointed is because of the low amount of tickets for how long it takes to make it through.

P.S. Add virtue to the kieldon weakling guys. I know they are 1 hit but really 1 gold and no virtue is kinda just tedious and weapon damaging :D Unless you meant the mass of them blocking ways and such to add to the difficulty.

But like I said it was quite interesting as never seen them before :)