Updated looting rules Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Updated looting rules Q&A

Post by Boris »

So, here's a small carrot for you. From this day and on, these items are legal to loot.
  • Looting:
    - Gold
    - Gems
    - Bandages (new)
    - Foci (new)
    - Regeants (new)
    - Potions (new)
The items listed above have no real value, wich is why I don't see this as a boost to robbing. It's more a boost to PvP, because with our old looting rules, PvP-sessions went on forever and ever. Surely they will still go on for a long time, but now there's atleast a possibility for them to end due to lack of bandages, foci, regeants, potions... whatever.

This is a Q&A thread, so guys can ask here.

Thanks,
Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Updated looting rules Q&A

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Good! Adding ores, hides and bones wouldn't be bad either; it would make hunting/mining trip robbings possible, without causing the loss of the hunters' elite gear, which sucks the most. The rest is replaceable.

Also Dungeon Wrong could have a door removed.

Not that I was a robber, or ever had a robber/red char, but it indeed does bring excitement when there are robbers around.

So... I just ask "why not?" since this was a Q&A thread.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I agree with Max, about adding those items to the loot list I mean. Wrong is so easy to beat it doesn't need to be nerfed anymore.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Kent Strider wrote:I agree with Max, about adding those items to the loot list I mean. Wrong is so easy to beat it doesn't need to be nerfed anymore.
Too many risks such as wronging or losing your best gear discourage PvP. Too little risks, such as no looting except gold discourages it as well. Something between is good. If you lose, it gotta feel nasty, but not TOO nasty.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Well Wrong is literally super easy already.
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

you know i have to disagree a bit with the extended looting. personally i think it just fuels the kiddies to attack players every time they login causing people not to play. i wont go into that further right now as i would like to try to stick to the topic at hand. out of all fairness i would understand why bandages could be allowed to loot as you can res team mates ect with them. i can say the same thing about focus and reagents although most of the times those are costly items and is hard to replace. now then the potions thing i have to firmly disagree with as you cant res. anyone with a potion. when youre talking the price of potions some carry manavamps, clumsies greater str greater agility perhaps your packing special potions such as greater regeneration potions or magic reflection potions or many more that one might carry ;) i would have to say that even though i disagree with any extended looting... i can understand where reagents and focus... as much as i hate to say could be looted and most def bandages should be looted. however i dont think as a heightened alchy that anyone has ever had a potion of ressurection and i dont see why they are on the list. that would be a good point to the q&a section?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's the same thing with empy foci as with potions. It's up to you how much you carry. If you loose them, it's your own fault and it can be pricy loss-wise.

Another reason for the potions are bards. They live and fight with gheals, not regeants, foci nor bandages.

- Boris
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

its nothing like empy focus.... potions doesnt have the ability to res and continue battles.... yes they give you hp as far as gheals..... ooooh im gonna kick your butt without bandies with gheals? without the ability to res you cant continue battle. thats why i think reagents and focus could be allowed :( even tho i hate the though of it. im trying to see and agreement of both sides without fueling the kiddies....

would hate to say it but wands of life could be added? :(
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Nothing too spesific will be added. So, it's either all sort of wands or none.

For now we roll with these. With time, if the rules are followed, we'll be adding more and more. If things get out of hands, it's back to square one.

- Boris
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

wow without vendors selling scarly armors or snoggy and onyx weapons i dont see why we would add anything. anyways i just wanted to state the fact that im against any kinds of looting but i can understand why looting a device of ressurection could be a good idea. more so in team pvp situations though way of religeon wars or guild battles.