New looting rules Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

New looting rules Q&A

Post by Boris »

This is the Q&A thread about the new looting rules.

We're diving towards an item wipe and everything possible must be done to prevent it. We can still save the world when these (crucial) three items are once again lootable. This change gives work to blacksmiths, tailors, bowyers and tinkers. There's almost a month before the new system kicks in. The reason for this is simply beacuse we're giving you (the players) a chance to start storing items. So start buying now!

A few pointers here aswell...
  • Members of Law can no longer have red characters, as now there's more to gain from robbing.
    This is because now there is more to gain from robbing. When we only had gold and gems, it really didn't matter.
    You can't be robbed by the same person or by the same guild more than once a week.
    Same rule as before but this applies to guild aswell. Hopefully this means there's much more communication in robbing guilds.
    Stoning is made legal, but it is highly monitored by the staff.
    Bigger gain, bigger risk. Highly monitored means that a religion must ask permission from the staff to stone someone. So we're talking of a robber with much fame and fortune from robbing. If we give permission to stone someone, we inform both the religion and the robber about it. If stoning happens, the religion must provide enough proof from the action (SS) and the stoning must be approved by a GM. There's 0 robbers at the moment who would be "stoneable" but maybe in the future (x months from now) someone might be that lucky. The staff also determines how long the stone will last. We don't want to ruin others gameplay for x months.
    It's legal to kill baseclass, but illegal to rob baseclass.
    If a player is asking to be robbed (i.e. baseclass running in auros in depise) ofcourse the character can be robbed. Then it's the victims own fault.
Questions? Comments?

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Re: New looting rules Q&A

Post by Mike »

Will you be making Law alts blue?
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

<3 the new rules :twisted:
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Mike wrote:Will you be making Law alts blue?
Yes.

- Boris
Ernil

Post by Ernil »

Awesome rule Boris, well done !

Could you also make it so that the corpse MUST not be camped after NOR can they lure monsters on and loot it from the corpse of the monster later.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Ernil wrote:Could you also make it so that the corpse MUST not be camped after NOR can they lure monsters on and loot it from the corpse of the monster later.
Corpse camping is illegal already and luring monster to loot a corpse is abusing NPC AI. So basicly both are illegal as we speak.

- Boris
Tyriul Thorne

Post by Tyriul Thorne »

Yay for change.

With the looting rules, I like that it will boost the economy (we hope) - would there be any incentive to make foci looting illegal?

It was necessary to loot foci/regs to make your opponent incapacitated in the past, but with weapon/armour now lootable surely there wouldn't be a need?

Just my thought, if people disagree I'll take the trolling.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's now just those three things. Armor, weapons, jewels. Nothing else. Sure we can make changes in the looting rules in the future (gold? magical clothing? etc. etc.) but that's a future issue. We can't go from basicly no looting to clean looting at once.

- Boris
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Isnt Gold the main reason people rob? Personally I would include that in every version of the looting rules, I mean we have the Asshole rule to prevent huge robberies (which still constricts us).
Tyriul Thorne

Post by Tyriul Thorne »

Boris wrote:It's now just those three things. Armor, weapons, jewels. Nothing else. Sure we can make changes in the looting rules in the future (gold? magical clothing? etc. etc.) but that's a future issue. We can't go from basicly no looting to clean looting at once.

- Boris
Perfect, apologies it was my assumption these were in addition to current rules - should've read more clearly!