Update 30.9

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Elwood McCormick

Update 30.9

Post by Elwood McCormick »

Something bugs me a little with a part of this update:
- Tinkers can now merge crafted plate gorgets with stat jewerly

That's all nice and good, it was annoying having to choose between protection or jewels.
But my barbarian still wont be able to use both, since they cant wear platemail gorget.

So.....wouldn't it be possible to either:
A; Allow barbs to use plate gorgets?
B; Allow jewels to be merged on leather gorgets too?

Preferably B, seeing how that would make it possible for everyone.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this.
Raphael

Re: Update 30.9

Post by Raphael »

Elwood McCormick wrote:
B; Allow jewels to be merged on leather gorgets too?

Good idea.
Raphael *634500599*
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's a plate boost and it's intentional for i.e. barbarians and priests to be left out.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

That would kill the idea since it was implemented as a boost to plate users.
Elwood McCormick

Isn't using a plate already a boost over not being able to? now they can use plate AND jewels too?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Elwood McCormick wrote:Isn't using a plate already a boost over not being able to? now they can use plate AND jewels too?
Actually a Plate armor set does not protect the neck. So previously it has been a choice of 5 extra STR from a necklace, but being open to bad neck hits, or a gorget and less STR than other classes.

A chain coif for example protects the neck so the same choice does not apply there, though the "neck AR" is of course better with a plate gorget, as it should be.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Elwood McCormick

Mike wrote:
Elwood McCormick wrote:Isn't using a plate already a boost over not being able to? now they can use plate AND jewels too?
Actually a Plate armor set does not protect the neck. So previously it has been a choice of 5 extra STR from a necklace, but being open to bad neck hits, or a gorget and less STR than other classes.

A chain coif for example protects the neck so the same choice does not apply there, though the "neck AR" is of course better with a plate gorget, as it should be.
What do you mean a plate set does not protect the neck?!?
''though the "neck AR" is of course better with a plate gorget''

The choice was always the same for everyone, wear necklace or wear wichever gorget you can wear. If you didnt want your neck exposed while wearing necklace then just wear chain coif.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Yep, as Mike said above. Until now many plate users have had to disband their platehelm + gorget advantage by using chainmail coifs because they couldn't use enhanced jewelry with the helm+gorget combo. That was a glitch in the system and now it's fixed.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Elwood McCormick wrote:
Mike wrote:

What do you mean a plate set does not protect the neck?!?
''though the "neck AR" is of course better with a plate gorget''

The choice was always the same for everyone, wear necklace or wear wichever gorget you can wear. If you didnt want your neck exposed while wearing necklace then just wear chain coif.
A full chain set does not require a neck piece.
A full bone set does not recuire a neck piece.
A full plate set does require a neck piece - that's a minus 5 STR.

See what I'm saying?
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I've had thoughts of nerfing the babamail down to completely full ringmail + plate helm/gorget dilemma.

I ofcourse understand that Barbarian's shouldn't be able to wear platemails and whatnot, but hey - we need to come up with a proper solution for this left our class.

Suggestion;

Full ringmail armors + Plate helm/gorget.

Why?

Brutal and powerful, those are very suiting words when describing the barbarian. He can built his body to the extreme, granting him emmense advantages in melee combat – he is however somewhat restricted from wearing metalarmor on his chest.