To Law HP, Tek HP, Nox GM and Telbo GM

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: To Law HP, Tek HP, Nox GM and Telbo GM

Post by Kent Strider »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
If I am on 3d and they are on 3d they are going to run me down and slaughter me.
You are correct. If we use 3d against your 3d, we're gonna run you down.

What I don't understand though, that if we can run you down with 3d vs 3d, and the same happens with 2d versus 2d...
If I am on 2d getting chased down by someone on 2d in Europe they are going to run me down and slaughter me.
... then why on earth can't we all use 2d? You said it yourself, the conclusion, the out-come is the same no matter which client you and we use. However if you use the ugly 3d, we are forced to use it as well. No one wins. Why not use the nice 2d instead with the same out-come?

The only difference is we can all enjoy a better-looking game rather than the butt-ugly 3d client.
Obviously you only care about your own gameplay, this is why Pangaea is a horrible place to play. It is filled with people that only care about themselves. I was saying for now there is no resolution, no matter what anyone does no one will be happy, if north americans begin using only 2d we will get killed because we can't run and if we use 3d and escape you all whine about it. There is NO resolution what so ever, its up to Wille to figure it out.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Quintoz wrote:Well Kent.. let's be honest "If I am on 3d and they are on 2d I am going to run them down and slaughter them. " that's never going to happen.
Good job staying on topic. It is called an example.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Ya sry for off-topic but like most players I've relised that nothing can be solved unless it's server-side or nazi rules from GM's to remove the 3d and in which case most US players would either quit or stick to merchants - which I doubt will happen.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I honestly wish we could all run the same speed on 2D, I really do, 3d is butt ugly.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Kent Strider wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:
If I am on 3d and they are on 3d they are going to run me down and slaughter me.
You are correct. If we use 3d against your 3d, we're gonna run you down.

What I don't understand though, that if we can run you down with 3d vs 3d, and the same happens with 2d versus 2d...
If I am on 2d getting chased down by someone on 2d in Europe they are going to run me down and slaughter me.
... then why on earth can't we all use 2d? You said it yourself, the conclusion, the out-come is the same no matter which client you and we use. However if you use the ugly 3d, we are forced to use it as well. No one wins. Why not use the nice 2d instead with the same out-come?

The only difference is we can all enjoy a better-looking game rather than the butt-ugly 3d client.
Obviously you only care about your own gameplay, this is why Pangaea is a horrible place to play. It is filled with people that only care about themselves. I was saying for now there is no resolution, no matter what anyone does no one will be happy, if north americans begin using only 2d we will get killed because we can't run and if we use 3d and escape you all whine about it. There is NO resolution what so ever, its up to Wille to figure it out.
You missed the point. I'm not being selfish. I'm just lucky to live in European. I know it annoys you that why should you be the side that suffers. Then again, if you use 3d to run faster than us, we use 3d as well out-running yours due to the server location. I too would like to see everyone using 2d lag-free, but it will never happen. Sometimes we just have to accept the cards we're dealt with and live with it. Shit happens and it's always annoying to die due to lag/someone being faster than you, because technically it wasn't your fault. Maybe you had died with equal clients too, but maybe not... and that maybe is the shit that annoys us.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

"Don't hate the player, hate the client."

10 pages of nothing. I'll lock it up now.

Thanks,
Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.