SWTOR

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Tyrion

SWTOR

Post by Tyrion »

Anybody plan on playing? If yes post below, Monad and I have started a guild for the Jedi and would like to have more people interested in playing on our guild, don't we snookums?
Melkor

Re: SWTOR

Post by Melkor »

I'm not sure, whenever I watch any gameplay videos, I just see WoW interface and combat style, inside a Star Wars world with voiced-over quests, and I hate that, they gave no effort at all at innovating the genre, theyre playing it safe-style.

In the end, even the voiced-over quests wont matter much, since the endgame will be raid -> better gear -> raid -> better gear -> raid -> better gear.

Guild Wars 2 MITEBEGOOD with there interactive world, I mean, thats why Ultima is still interesting after so long, you make your own FUN, and its full of posibilities, not the same repetative item grinding like WoW (and dungeon nerfing for casuals, fucking casuals).

I might give it a go in beta, or a 14-day trial if they will have one, I wont say much else before that.
Ernil

Post by Ernil »

Ah yes another point and click mmo, id rather cut off my arm than play that garbage.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

ernil you played wow for years you dirty bitch dont slag of the star wars, Ill be testing it out if they do open beta or trial as melkor said.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Doesn't seem that bad from what I've seen. Still, I'd rather stick to uo, considering that, not only does it allow more freedom for new opportunities, I would also lose more time in computer and I'm growing up, which means I have other stuff to do than pc. There was this topic in the old pangaea 2 forums about "games to play while you wait" and there were ppl trying new games and finishing them in like 1/2 weeks. What else did they do other than powergame it to the end? O_o
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

awsome not played the past few days but i am waiting for tyrion and monad to come on tonight / tmz so we can test a few things, give monads low level char some items to lvl up faster :D
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Biggs wrote:awsome not played the past few days but i am waiting for tyrion and monad to come on tonight / tmz so we can test a few things, give monads low level char some items to lvl up faster :D
I can't play it until I update my computer. I suppose it's because of the crappy videocard because it lags too much. Processor and RAM should be enough.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

tryed updating your video card software? thats what i had to do a few years ago on ma old pc to play GTA : SA lol worth a try atleast.