Bluescreen :|

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

yuusou

Re: Bluescreen :|

Post by yuusou »

I guess I fail at teaching technewbs.
Yes, I'm implying it may be overheating.

Seeing it's a laptop and you're a newbie, don't dismantle it, forget that possibility hehe.

Just:
Backup your stuff.
New installation of Windows 7.
Install Microsoft Security Essentials, this'll be your antivirus.
Your laptop probably came with a Drivers CD. Use it to make your wireless, ethernet, sound and graphics behave properly.
Use Firefox as your internet browser and install a plugin called Adblock Plus. It'll protect you from the not-free pr0n websites. It'll also allow you to skip the Ads on Youtube.
Install UO Pang, AND NOTHING ELSE.

With this, you have the perfect UO/Pr0n machine!
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Yuusou wrote:With this, you have the perfect UO/Pr0n machine!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Yuusou wrote:I guess I fail at teaching technewbs.

Seeing it's a laptop and you're a newbie, don't dismantle it, forget that possibility hehe.

Just:
Backup your stuff.
Your laptop probably came with a Drivers CD. Use it to make your wireless, ethernet, sound and graphics behave properly.
Use Firefox as your internet browser and install a plugin called Adblock Plus. It'll protect you from the not-free pr0n websites. It'll also allow you to skip the Ads on Youtube.

Listen to this man, he knows his UO and Pr0n.
632-140-419
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Vaux27 wrote:
Yuusou wrote:I guess I fail at teaching technewbs.

Just:
Backup your stuff.

Listen to this man, he knows his UO and Pr0n.
That feels like a compliment with a hint of sarcasm...
Percy

Post by Percy »

Take the screws from the bottom of the laptop casing and removing/cleaning and replacing hardware isn't hard. If he has the potential to become a doctor, he can use a screwdriver. The only thing you need to worry about is static electricity, it can fry your hardware. So make sure you always either a) ground yourself or b) touch somewhere metal on the laptop casing before you touch anything electronic.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Yuusou wrote:That feels like a compliment with a hint of sarcasm...

Compliment with a hint of bromance.
632-140-419
Lucious

Post by Lucious »

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:Can anyone who's an IT whiz help? it's happened a couple of times now. It makes this horrible sound then blue screens.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000094
BCP2: FFFFF88003EF3E3E
BCP3: FFFFF8800A7C6A30
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080712-45489-01.dmp
C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-84802-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Send me this file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080712-45489-01.dmp to sami.laihonen@google.com and I'll tell you what's causing it.

Edit: actually send me all the minidump files in this folder to narrow it down: C:\Windows\Minidump\
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Percy wrote:Take the screws from the bottom of the laptop casing and removing/cleaning and replacing hardware isn't hard. If he has the potential to become a doctor, he can use a screwdriver. The only thing you need to worry about is static electricity, it can fry your hardware. So make sure you always either a) ground yourself or b) touch somewhere metal on the laptop casing before you touch anything electronic.
It depends on the laptop. My laptop for instance, the service lid only allows me to reach the wireless and bluetooth modules, the HDD and the RAM DIMMs. If I want to reach the CPU/GPU, I have to dismantle it completely. Like this:

Lucious

Post by Lucious »

Yuusou wrote:
Percy wrote:Take the screws from the bottom of the laptop casing and removing/cleaning and replacing hardware isn't hard. If he has the potential to become a doctor, he can use a screwdriver. The only thing you need to worry about is static electricity, it can fry your hardware. So make sure you always either a) ground yourself or b) touch somewhere metal on the laptop casing before you touch anything electronic.
It depends on the laptop. My laptop for instance, the service lid only allows me to reach the wireless and bluetooth modules, the HDD and the RAM DIMMs. If I want to reach the CPU/GPU, I have to dismantle it completely. Like this:

That looks like Aspire series, not the easiest in maintenance aspect. Just dismantled mine a few weeks ago due to heating issue, got it working with replacing the heatsink compound.

btw. is that table or floor? Looks nice, laminate or wood?
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Yup, Aspire. I done the same as you, replace the thermal compound. I can get my Mobility Radeon 5650 running at 675/1020 stably.

It's a proper wooden floor, but it's horrible. I live in an old building. Due to variations in temperature and humidity, the wood has had cycles of swelling and shrinking, so there are huge gaps between each stake. Up to 5mm in some spots.