Olympics

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Tyrion

Re: Olympics

Post by Tyrion »

Don't follow it, tried following futball until a Brit let me in on the bit that I missed: Britain doesn't consider futball an Olympic sport and most countries only field their amateur players with one or two professionals. Kinda killed my motivation to watch :\.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Pssshhh, you can sleep soundly at night knowing it's because of 'Murica that you have your freedoms. I kid though.

The revolutionary way did happen though. Ole George crossed the Delaware with his army and changed history for all of eternity. :D
632-140-419
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Who here is from the Netherlands?

I wanna watch some field hockey...

632-140-419
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Jesus. There are some serious 6-packs in that crowd.
Gutian

Post by Gutian »

xHarlequinx wrote:Jesus. There are some serious 8-packs in that crowd.
There you go! :P
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Homos, they look like Imperial candy. Mmmm.

632-140-419
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Why does Canada have to suck so freakin bad in the Summer Olympic... I mean come on, we only use dog sleds, have gas powered TVs and live in igloos all year... Oh well! Bring on the hurt of the Winter Olympics need redemption!
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Without being completely biased to the British team, Bradley Wiggins produced some amazing times at the time trial and deserved his gold medal. Hopefully more people will be inspired to cycle!

I'm not following the games as much as I should. With regards to china and america taking all the medals, well, they can because their population sizes means they have a greater pool of talent and opportunity. Ah well, wish team GB had more medals but I guess we're doing ok!

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I just saw that Track cyclist on tv just now, pretty interesting to say the least. They look like they may die if they wrecked.
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:With regards to china and america taking all the medals, well, they can because their population sizes means they have a greater pool of talent and opportunity.

not just that kenyon. they have the money to pay for the infrastructures, the people in charge of the training, etc..
if it was just about population size you'd see brazil, india and russia getting all the medals too