The off. FU thread moved-> http://flames.here.ws/

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: The official FxCK YOU thread

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Mike wrote:This thread made me realize that the internet's biggest problem is the lack of physical confrontation.
I think it is anonymity which makes ppl kinda invulnerable to feelings of shame -> ppl pretend less. And pretending less means more aggression.

Or anyway anonymity in the sense you decide yourself who knows what about you.

I, for example know that Kent is from USA, Mike & Grolik are from Sweden, and that be all, if I accidentally saw you somewhere I would prolly never recognize you.

If my boss and my mom and my dad and fecking grandad were on this forum I would be very careful with my words. :p
Maximilian Lhoth

SPECIAL GREETINGS to people who ask me to rescue them!

Translates to:

Hansvas: I died almost instantly again
Me: I am DRUNKEN, I CANNOT come
Me: I CANNOT PLAY DECENTLY WHEN DRUNKEN, I WOULD DIE
Me: (Okay, I'm lying, I have been an absolutist for 8 days already actually)
Hansvas: Okay, some buddy of his buddy will come
Mike

Post by Mike »

I just meant that sooner or later when I read these forums I want to punch someone in the face. Usually it's a good thing that I can't. The felonies would add upp far too quickly. But sometimes it would be worth it.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Maximilian Lhoth

Mike wrote:I just meant that sooner or later when I read these forums I want to punch someone in the face. Usually it's a good thing that I can't. The felonies would add upp far too quickly. But sometimes it would be worth it.
Heh, in Finland it's just a misdemeanor. Physical violence is considered "manly" and semi-acceptable in finnish culture. My lawyer acquintance, for example, told me that smoking weed (and getting caught) would instantly end her lawyer career (she would get kicked out of the lawyer's association), but physical assault would not necessarily do that.

Overall in Europe, Denmark has the mildest punishments for crimes, but Finland has the mildest punishments for physical violence. It's our culture. You should be born a finn.

Off topic I guess! But interesting!

(Edit: In Denmark the system works well tho, first timer prisoners comparably seldom go back to prison after being released compared to other countries.)
Malron

Post by Malron »

*face palms*

This thread is first and fore most funny as the first few posts are all drunken/raving and look like BORAT typed them up. Seriously, what kind of broken english is all that?

I think I managed to glean the original intent of the post as follows:

A forum thread to openly feel how you really feel about in game matters and others involved in such, boards, icq etc etc etc.
I.E. Rant and rave like society doesn't allow in day to day real life situations about things beyond your control or influence, yet you think they are/should be.(telling people to fuck off, eat shit etc or xxx xxxxxx = all the same)

I will never post to this further myself, good intent, bad bad, horrible idea :)
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

I agree with Malron about this being a bad bad idea. There is no fun moving your flames to another thread, you should do it in the original thread where everyone can see you belittle the guy and screw it up for everyone else who wants to post in that thread! Have a little bit of tradition goddammit! ;)
Maximilian Lhoth

Valentino wrote:Have a little bit of tradition goddammit!
Dumb traditions are seldom ridiculed, compared to dumb new ideas!
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Ivan would never get accepted, else I~d stone his sorry ass immediately
Bird location: 312331437
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

Mike wrote:I just meant that sooner or later when I read these forums I want to punch someone in the face. Usually it's a good thing that I can't. The felonies would add upp far too quickly. But sometimes it would be worth it.

you would not hit any folks if everyone were not taking this game too seriously :D
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Mike

Post by Mike »

diam larkei wrote:

you would not hit any folks if everyone were not taking this game too seriously :D
Oh the game doesn't annoy me at all. It's the forums that get the anger brain going.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota