how to increase player base?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: how to increase player base?

Post by Kent Strider »

Monad wrote:Might be or might be not something to do with the topic, but thought to let you know that there is the lot requested chat function coming to the new website.
More communication right there.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Boris wrote:
Dalton Azevedo wrote:How about that ancient suggestion of remove the macroing ban from britain bank area? We all know that back in the day brit bank was the place where everyone traded and in general got to know other chars.
And while we're at it, perhaps a little incentive would be in order for people to return there...
Welcome to 2012

- Boris
Right! Missed that one somehow... Anyhow, the second half still applies! :P
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

xHarlequinx wrote:At the very least, provided the robbers are roleplaying well, even robberies provide nice opportunity to interact (4 evar alone).

In my opinion, one of the fundamental components of Pangaea (that I would suspect set is apart from other shards), is that is an rp shard with relatively un-restricted PvP. There are plenty of strict RP shards out there right no PvP and plenty of PvP shards. Few that I've come across that are able to get some semblance of balance between the two.

Edward, did you have a point to make? How do you respond to robberies? What do you think?
You didnt read what he said...

Anyways back the topic.. More features and something to re join the panagea divided community. About the features, there are alot of items which needs to be unlocked, also something that would keep the player interested. Like a quest where you would have to put out fire, etc
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

I get ignored all the time! New mob types if possible located in some random new designed dungeon. Dungeon can be taken from other map or anything or some closed open area (some island with levers etc). New loot type, we had full topic about it and even Boris offered some good ideas.
Currently im only PvPing and even if that or then macroing. Nothing else to do here.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Dedicated server money goes to Wilie so he'll make time out from his job, then shit will get done.

Back to old server and 3D. Boom.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

On terms of the communication issue and what seems like IRL OOG Personal hate, should have people sit down and talk it out, and figure out why people seem to have this pissed off grudge kinda feeling, at least that's what it seems like from people at times.

Or have some more quests to lessen the hostility.
Sagarius

Post by Sagarius »

It won't happen for a month or two but I have something in the works that I believe will boost our overall activity. Zero staff assistance needed. The biggest delay is designing the structure and rules of this activity that will allow all classes to participate on a nearly equal footing. Some will naturally have an advantage over others. That is inevitable.

Soon the Duelist Society will open for business. I will give a short example of what you can expect. The rules WILL change though. These are just a rough draft.
You will never be allowed to use your own gear. Dueling gear will be provided by the society.

Before a match you and your opponent will be slain in one room and resurrected in the dueling room to prevent cheating. There is no honor system here, you play by the rules or leave the society.

After that you are healed and given the gear your rank entitles you to.

Most gear will be restricted to the four basic ores. Bronze, Iron, Copper, Dull Copper. More may be added in the future. But only to add variety in color.

Betting is allowed and encouraged. Boasting is encouraged as well. You've won ten matches in a row? Undefeated? Brag your ass off. When you're eventually dethroned the winner will enjoy it more.

When combat begins you are not allowed to move. You will fight toe-to-toe and face your death swiftly.

If betting was placed the loser will give their dues to the winner.

When you lose you will bow to your superior. There is no complaining and no excuses. If you lost you lost.
Yeah that's the gist of it. Like I said it will be a while before this happens. But keep it in mind. I will need help running this and obviously I need duelists. The catch will be that your character is required to be in the guild to participate in duels. Nothing against the religions and other guilds, it's just to prevent spats and unfairness. But it's my hope that people will either join the guild with an existing character, or create a brand new one specifically for the guild. The limitations on gear and the restriction from using your own will allow more freedom in builds. Normally high-end ore weapons and armor make going for speed useless. I want speed and strength to be important in these duels. And luck. There will be tons of luck in these duels.

Still trying to work out how ranks relate to gear choices, how you achieve certain ranks. Either a kill count or a certain win/loss ratio.

I'll figure this all out eventually. Meanwhile I train my smith. Someone's gotta supply all the dueling gear, right?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

the idea has potential, but why the hell would we have to join the guild?i think many ppl cba doing that.

and no moving at all in the duel?it's basically a contest for fencers, or for a maxed barbarian. and it will come to just skills of your class and how trained it is. you don't get to run, you don't get to use your gear. it's like training a char, hit the go button and the computer solves it
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

1. rule to not kill new players,
2. allow\ them tro hunt on/in despice/occo with no fear.
3. think about removing the knobs, removing 3 players will bring 10+ new players imo..
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Biggs wrote:think about removing the knobs, removing 3 players will bring 10+ new players imo..
+1

I can solely speak up a few reasons which involve the shard activity pretty much.