Things that suck! Not so nice things!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: Things that suck! Not so nice things!

Post by Kent Strider »

It's funny to see people act like they know about a substance, when in reality you can't know much without first hand experience.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

are you talking about me?i did try it..

about your last post max, there are already theories like that coming up.
but some of them come from people that think we can have no work at all. and that, not only it won't work, it's also bad. what we must do is, we'll work less, so that we all can work (instead of having unemployed people) and we get to have more free time for ourselves.
Last edited by Glarundis on Sat May 14, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Kent Strider wrote:It's funny to see people act like they know about a substance, when in reality you can't know much without first hand experience.
Scientist study substances. The attributes they take into consideration are 1) addiction and 2) direct harm to the user as well as 3) other people. Alcohol is number one considering all three factors, the classical hard drugs are number one considering only points 1 and 2. Khat, MDMA, cannabis, and many others are considered yellow (mild). Alcohol is orange (not mild, not hard). Heroin, crack, are examples of red (hard).

Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

We aren't scientists though.

It is my belief that marijuana can be harmful to some more than others, dependent on the person. You can in fact smoke once every month or so and be fine without any repercussions, however it is the gradual transition to smoking up everyday that I think puts people off.
Maximilian Lhoth

Kent Strider wrote:We aren't scientists though.

It is my belief that marijuana can be harmful to some more than others, dependent on the person. You can in fact smoke once every month or so and be fine without any repercussions, however it is the gradual transition to smoking up everyday that I think puts people off.
And you can drink mild stuff, not getting drunk enough to become a violent a55h0le. You can smoke leaves or strong hash. And also amounts you use matter, as well as how often you use them...
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Very true, though if marijuana were legal you would never even be introduced to the black market.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Go to the netherlands :P
it's legal there
in fact, i think it's the only country where it is legal
I thought it was legal in Jamaica, but no
Maximilian Lhoth

Glarundis wrote:are you talking about me?i did try it..

about your last post max, there are already theories like that coming up.
but some of them come from people that think we can have no work at all. and that, not only it won't work, it's also bad. what we must do is, we'll work less, so that we all can work (instead of having unemployed people) and we get to have more free time for ourselves.
The problem is that the "system" doesn't give advantages to those working part-time - in my country. They get only a little more than those working, which leads to them avoiding work. This is why I'm all for "basic income" which would allow people to work part time and still profit. I also think it would only decrease the income of the people with highest income. The "middle class" would only suffer a little bit. The precariat especially would benefit, and the ones not willing to work at all would get +-0. Note, that the middle class could be relaxed as they would know they have their basic income in any case, if they get tired of their work, which would boost their overall happiness. Money isn't everything. The (especially male) people of my age are either representatives of precariat or simply full-time welfare bums here in Finland. I'm somewhere between.

Also a troublesome thing is so called "internship"... people work, but don't get paid. This has became a real troublesome social phenomenon in Italy at least, I heard.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

internship sucks yeah
but some of the stuff you're describing happens due to people like the welfare bums, that don't work, but suck out the system's money :P
nah, what i'm talking about is not going part-time
it's about full-time becoming less than 8h, like 5h, but that'll be the new full-time
of course, it'll mean the few rich ppl of the world must gain less in order for everyone to have a just income.
you'd get exactly the same income, but you work for less hours, while someone else does the other shift for you (or whatever)
yes this means everyone must pay to 2 workers instead of 1, but that's how you end unemployment and make people have enough time. working is important, people must have things to do. but at the moment we are living our lives based on work. and for what? for the sake of the so called progress? it's a worldwide illusion.
now, these theories exist, and they'd work. It's a question of simply having it so that, normally, people work 4h or 5h hours a day, instead of 8h. a worlwide regulament. The only thing that stops this from happening is that 5 letter word starting with an an m and ended with an y. with an n in the middle. know what it is? :P
m_n_y

basically at the end of all this.nothing in the world has made the need to be this problematic. it's we, the people, that made money and created the system as we have it. it's not like the earth, you know, the planet earth, asks you for money when you chop a tree for wood or plant a vegetable. so, we hold the power in our minds to change the system
Maximilian Lhoth

Glarundis:

What comes to vegetables

I think in the near future, we, europeans will no longer eat meat - except rarely as a luxury food.

(Also private cars will be history.)

Well I'm just a fokken welfare bum, I dunno. :)