Random Thoughts

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Monad
Game Master

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Monad »

Glarundis wrote:why the hell is there the assumption that it will pop up back into existence a few million years back?what the fuck?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole
Mike

Post by Mike »

I just had a random thought. To make a Christian curse like a kid with Tourettes, you need the Big Bang and some other space stuff.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

but you didn't say anything about the rest of my post! :(
bad, bad monad!

i'm sorry, i didn't read the most of it, i cba to do it, for now.
to me, it still sounds like bullshit.
first, it's an hypothesis. then, it has to do with einstein's theory. then, it uses models which have nothing to do with the universe but are "oh so convenient" to use to explain something.

i'm not saying there isn't a way around it and it would be possible, but science doesn't know for sure what they say they know, let alone the things they say it's only an hypothesis.

look at this boson of higgs thing.
they can't see it or prove it (yet) but they have claimed it exists for many years now. the thing is, that particle needs to exist to make sense of all their way of thinking for the past decades. they just say they know it exists but can't prove it lol. and then people accuse religious people :D

to me, no matter what, there can't be time shifting. nothing bends time, time is subject to nothing. in every function, time is what goes on independently of everything else, and everything else develops on time.
time is always on the x axis (abscissa). is there any function at all, anything where time is on the y axis? afaik, there is not.
and the whole "time travel if you can achieve speeds higher than the speed of light" doesn't mean you can time travel. it only means that you see a particle somewhere but when you see it, the particle already passed by that point. in terms of human senses, you'd feel a particle arriving at you before you could see it or hear it. that would be strange, but it's not time travel!

i'm liking this discussion, physics is very interesting, too bad i won't be here for the next 4 days or so.
can you just say something about the rest of my post?i think the 1/infinite thing makes sense on what i said
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Mike wrote:I just had a random thought. To make a Christian curse like a kid with Tourettes, you need the Big Bang and some other space stuff.
come on mike..cut the crap already :D
because i say "what the fuck" i'm suddenly going all hyper?just comment on our posts, i think we're talking about interestin stuff here
Mike

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote:
Mike wrote:I just had a random thought. To make a Christian curse like a kid with Tourettes, you need the Big Bang and some other space stuff.
because i say "what the fuck" i'm suddenly going all hyper?just comment on our posts, i think we're talking about interestin stuff here
2 fucks, one crap and a hell in the same post from our universalist good boy Glarundis, I think that's notable. For some reason this gets you worked up, and I find that interesting.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Skrillex - Bangarang

At first i was like :lol:
But after the song :shock:
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Mike wrote:
Glarundis wrote:
2 fucks, one crap and a hell in the same post from our universalist good boy Glarundis, I think that's notable. For some reason this gets you worked up, and I find that interesting.

hahaha xD
you're even counting lol
tbh i thought i only said the "what the fuck" thing. i'm not saying those things like i'm against it, i just said it because it's like, omfg, what's the reason behind it?

i have nothing against the big bang and that stuff, really, but time travel? the way i think, it just makes no sense to me, i don't view time like that. it's pure science fiction imo, and many scientists think the same. not saying we're right, but just seems too strange

now, still waiting for monad's reply!

religion and science is pretty much covered in these forums from time to time. can someone talk about arts and philosophy so i can spam the forums too? :D
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Zaradon wrote:Skrillex - Bangarang

what was this? lol
Percy

Post by Percy »

Glarundis wrote:"if you travel faster than the speed of light you'll be able to time travel!yo yo yo and a bottle of rum!"
I remember someone saying this once.

There is no proof what so ever that you can time travel if you go faster than the speed of light. What actually happens is this;

Look up at the sun, what you see is roughly 8 minutes old (Takes 8 minutes for light from the sun to travel to earth or something)
Now look at the stars, what you see if even older. Now think of the term 'light years' - Light that has taken a year to travel to our eyes.

Now look at pictures on the hubble telescope, for example some things may be 100 light years away if not more. So if we travel towards something at the speed of light and it takes 100 years to get there, we wouldn't be 100 years in the future or past, we'd just have spent 100 years getting there, we'd still age the same as we would with time on earth.

Now thats out the way, think about this one. (And assume we wont die before 100 years just for this example).
You see a planet thats exploded 100 light years away, you decide to travel there at exactly the speed of light. When you set off that explosion is 100 years in the past. As you travel closer and closer how would the explosion look. Because techincally as you're getting closer the time-frame between the light being sent and the time it hits your eyes is getting closer. So would you see the explosion in realtime as you're getting closer, or would it speed up and you'd quickly see the supernova happening in half the time frame it would of happened?

If someone understand this post, could they please re-write it better than me, to make more sense? Because I'm seriously no good at explaining things.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Glarundis wrote:
Zaradon wrote:Skrillex - Bangarang

what was this? lol
It was selfowningly wrong thread.
It was meant for the music thread :F