The off. FU thread moved-> http://flames.here.ws/

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Neku

Re: The official FxCK YOU thread

Post by Neku »

Acca wrote:Thought i might aswell post this idea here as im sure it will decend into wonderful flaming and bickering.

Idea: Merge Law, Nature and Imperial into one religion

You hunt together, PvP together and hang around Britain together. What is the point of having three religions when they all do the same thing as each other?

The alliance between Law and Imperial is simply ridiculous. These are supposedly two totally separate kingdoms who worship different Gods, have different ideals and goals and have been at war on and off for hundreds of years. I dont have a problem with their being a state of neutrality between them but when that extends into the Imperial HP hanging around britain and helping defend it it starts to become ludicrous. Imperial have been given their own map for gods sake so they dont even have to be in Felluca at all.

Moving on to nature not much to say really, they've managed to get a dungeon closed and ironically enough it was because they nearly wiped out an entire species of animal. One other thing id like to say is back when Tekstone 'abused' swarm rite to collect hundreds of ores and clothes they were punished and the rite nerfed- Isnt this exactly the same thing nature are doing with silence rite?

All in all guys your doing a great job in turning the shard into a boring, monotonous and overall grey place to play lacking variety and excitement.

Keep up the good work and ofcourse, F*ck you all.
they just want pvp :twisted:
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Acca wrote:Thought i might aswell post this idea here as im sure it will decend into wonderful flaming and bickering.

You hunt together, PvP together and hang around Britain together. What is the point of having three religions when they all do the same thing as each other?

The alliance between Law and Imperial is simply ridiculous. These are supposedly two totally separate kingdoms who worship different Gods, have different ideals and goals and have been at war on and off for hundreds of years. I dont have a problem with their being a state of neutrality between them but when that extends into the Imperial HP hanging around britain and helping defend it it starts to become ludicrous. Imperial have been given their own map for gods sake so they dont even have to be in Felluca at all.

Moving on to nature not much to say really, they've managed to get a dungeon closed and ironically enough it was because they nearly wiped out an entire species of animal. One other thing id like to say is back when Tekstone 'abused' swarm rite to collect hundreds of ores and clothes they were punished and the rite nerfed- Isnt this exactly the same thing nature are doing with silence rite?

All in all guys your doing a great job in turning the shard into a boring, monotonous and overall grey place to play lacking variety and excitement.

No.

Fact of the matter it would solve nothing. There would still be people whining about imbalance. Still people whining about how rites are overpowered, yadda yadda yadda. And before everyone plays the blame game about who's RP skills are good and who's are bad, and whether or not it's contributing to the shard, remember that we EACH are required to contribute. Rather than looking from the sidelines and saying "God... this is a monotonous, boring, grey place" perhaps make the attempt to help shape it into what it should be. But I guaran-damn-tee you ALL are thinking "I cba."

And THAT is what, if anything, is wrong wth the shard. Too many people with lots to say about everything, and absolutely NO motivation to do what they're constantly preaching. You all whine about poor RP, yet when I ask damned near every single one of you, I get the EXACT same answer: "Meh, cba man tbh. Big waste of time, nobody cares." Well congratulations, fellas, 90% of you are saying the exact friggin thing. Yet 99% of you all whine about the same thing.

Two choices: If you find this shard boring - Leave, or shut the fuck up, and that goes for everyone. And option two: Quit being so goddamn lazy, and start practicing what you preach, and actually put an attempt toward distinguishing yourselves.

Quite honestly, whining about the shard gets old when none of you do a goddamn thing to fix it other than spamming "Durrrrrr nurf priestzorz because dey make muy dumbazz look nub! durrrrrr"

Sheesh.
Neku

Post by Neku »

Geryn Farodae wrote:

No.

Fact of the matter it would solve nothing. There would still be people whining about imbalance. Still people whining about how rites are overpowered, yadda yadda yadda. And before everyone plays the blame game about who's RP skills are good and who's are bad, and whether or not it's contributing to the shard, remember that we EACH are required to contribute. Rather than looking from the sidelines and saying "God... this is a monotonous, boring, grey place" perhaps make the attempt to help shape it into what it should be. But I guaran-damn-tee you ALL are thinking "I cba."

And THAT is what, if anything, is wrong wth the shard. Too many people with lots to say about everything, and absolutely NO motivation to do what they're constantly preaching. You all whine about poor RP, yet when I ask damned near every single one of you, I get the EXACT same answer: "Meh, cba man tbh. Big waste of time, nobody cares." Well congratulations, fellas, 90% of you are saying the exact friggin thing. Yet 99% of you all whine about the same thing.

Two choices: If you find this shard boring - Leave, or shut the fuck up, and that goes for everyone. And option two: Quit being so goddamn lazy, and start practicing what you preach, and actually put an attempt toward distinguishing yourselves.

Quite honestly, whining about the shard gets old when none of you do a goddamn thing to fix it other than spamming "Durrrrrr nurf priestzorz because dey make muy dumbazz look nub! durrrrrr"

Sheesh.
Houston

Post by Houston »

You are happy seeing people arguing with eachother? O_o
Neku

Post by Neku »

to be honest........ yeah :)
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Now thats an ultima online player what we're recruiting!
Houston

Post by Houston »

Sheesh, i thought i could expect some greater optimismic attitude on the shard from the players of nowadays as im myself getting people out of trouble who are coming back, not asking gazillions for two candles.

But yes, a person at a comp is a lot more agressive than he is afk ;F

Yo geeks sawk!
Blide

Post by Blide »

Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

<< You hunt together, PvP together and hang around Britain together. What is the point of having three religions when they all do the same thing as each other? >>

These characters may have been friends earlier, joined Imperial after the stage of neutrality was achieved, so why couldn't they hunt together. Also non-religious people hunt with these. Priest is just a popular class, because it's OP, it's trendy too ("others have one so I want to make a priest too"), and the people often make a priest because it's a good class, not to really roleplay religious. A religion is needed if you want to be a successful priest, you cannot just worship an alignment and get your power that way like in AD&D nowadays.

<< The alliance between Law and Imperial is simply ridiculous. >>

There is no alliance. There is neutrality - no waste of resources.

<< These are supposedly two totally separate kingdoms who worship different Gods, have different ideals and goals and have been at war on and off for hundreds of years. >>

Law and Imperial have not always been in war. Esuna is a crappy deity choice for PvM or PvP but a nice goddess for RP and merchant guild style stuff. Law doesn't want war, it was only Imperial who attacked before the "era of peace".

<< I dont have a problem with their being a state of neutrality between them but when that extends into the Imperial HP hanging around britain and helping defend it it starts to become ludicrous. >>

This can make the Queendom of Britannia and the Goddessdom of Malas more friendly towards each other.

<< Imperial have been given their own map for gods sake so they dont even have to be in Felluca at all. >>

So the playerbase should be divided to Imp (5 people online) at Malas and the 25 others in Britannia? We are having some nice RP in Imperial, f.x. turning Imperial to a society with a nice justice system of their own and all, I already made a rough drift of punishments for various misbehaviours. Do most religions fight each other in real life? No, they don't always understand others' customs and make fun of them but it doesn't mean they must be warring each other. Esuna is definitely not an evil goddess.

<< Moving on to nature not much to say really, they've managed to get a dungeon closed and ironically enough it was because they nearly wiped out an entire species of animal. >>

People started to get pissed off when Nature powergamed so much and the "hippie religion" was only working, and their work actually mostly consisted of using violence against non-daemonic non-undead creatures all the time, instead of smoking pot and relaxing while hugging trees and animals. I guess this mixture of stuff led the staff to close Destard, to criticize the RP of Nature. And I always made fun of Nature's RP, buhaha. I have nothing against Nature being powergamer-hunters if they admit it, but if they pretend to roleplay logically I LOL at them.

<< One other thing id like to say is back when Tekstone 'abused' swarm rite to collect hundreds of ores and clothes they were punished and the rite nerfed- Isnt this exactly the same thing nature are doing with silence rite? >>

Tekstone was not abusing swarm to collect stuff, but the staff thought swarm is too good. Silence is too good, but not abuse either - the staff just hasn't decided to nerf it for some reason.

<< All in all guys your doing a great job in turning the shard into a boring, monotonous and overall grey place to play lacking variety and excitement. >>

We are waiting for Tekstone to come. Also there is the new Nox now... why must everything revolve around religions? Go start your own stuff. My personal project is slowly getting Imperial to be a "empire of elite of merchants" with good will and no hostile intent.

The reason I would like to see priest's PvP abilities to be nerfed is exactly this: I want hostilities to revolve around player-ran groups versus religions as well, not everything revolving around religions, but it's a bit hard to attack Britain when you have no blight, you have no guard summons, all you have is a big religion with guard summons, solitude 'n' stuff, natural guard spawns who send you to dungeon Wrong if they get you.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

I'd like to point out it was a select few in nature that were raping destard! :P

Also! Nature will have a new HP tonight, so things should become even more interesting, I'll be helping the religion follow a nice track aswell.

About making RP, well I've created a guild yesterday and it ahs 13 members (some on the same accounts) but my word, by the rate at which we are obtaining members, we'll have a great guild which everyone can enjoy UOAM chat, ingame chat, the reliability of having a merchant available etc. If possible I'd like to get as many members to be able to host RP events, our own Market days, meeting in the theater in brit etc

If you have an ambition or an idea panagea becomes a very fun shard to play.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.