The off. FU thread moved-> http://flames.here.ws/

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Mike

Re: The official FxCK YOU thread

Post by Mike »

Imperials aggresive stance to those that insult them in Britain also doesnt help either, lets not forget it was an item wipe not a history wipe and the people of Britain remember the days when Imperial attacked them and took over their towns.

Well, if people talk the talk it's not wrong to go see them. See if they can walk the walk.

As far as I know the story so far is that Imperial have submitted to Law because Law was hitting them too hard in Luna (correct me if im wrong). If this is so Imperial members in britain need to lose the misplaced arrogance, which i think Kent is dealing with.

That's not right. Law hardly ever attacked Luna. Imperial wanted a cease fire because the war wasn't getting us anywhere. There was no progress. Our attacks in Britain didn't do much. It would be fair to call it a stalemate.

I think Imperial is the hardest religion to find direction and goals for;
Order of Law- protect and maintain order in Britannia
Order of Nature- protect animals and keep monsters and undead at bay (or making them extinct ;p)
Cult of Tekstone- cause chaos and destruction, disrupt order and peace

Conquering cities didn't work for us. But the old ways with just merchant blessing doesn't work either. To expand the empire is a reasonable goal, I think. But how to do this is a good question.

The way I see it is that Imperial is an alternative. Our tome is has seen a few improvements. It's mostly for people with a sense of pride. If you don't want to catch rabies from hugging too many weasels, have no interest in being a supercop in sperm-white armor and find that make-up and disney villainy isn't your thing, Imperial is for you. It has basic objectives that you can find in any empire wich a quick look in a history book, and not too much fluff and prayer around it.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I really got to say Mike hit the nail with his hammer! It's really quite hard to find actual direction for Imperial.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Kent Strider wrote:I really got to say Mike hit the nail with his hammer! It's really quite hard to find actual direction for Imperial.
At least from powergamer point of view peace with OoL is 100-0 profitable for OoI. Both for hunters and merchants. And OoI deserves the right to powergame too?
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Wtf quintoz? Im sure you read too deeply into things.

Well what is meant by the passage you *edited* is that the old imp used teamspeak, had decent teamwork and everyone was friends, we enjoyed a good laugh and generally had no issues with PVP, except for solitude. Raven hardly pvp'ed anyway max, it was the pvp loving people that pvp'd regularly and pro-activley sought wars/conflicts.

And while we're at it, I've never said nature was good at rp/pvp, if the old IMP members were still in IMP where would I be? in IMP. The reason im not is because you're there.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Luciano

Post by Luciano »

Easy peasy. Imperial goal is to gather wealth and power and there is 2 ways of doing it: political way or raw force.

Political way as in gather lots of members and followers. So to make it totally independent.

Raw force as in takeover cities and make people bow to you.
Don't hate the player if you can't play the game.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Yeah Ken, we're going to switch from Skype to TS now since that's what old Imp used, we're going to host a male only bath like old Imp used to, we're going to hold naked events like old Imp used to.

Luciano, not simple, let's leave it at that.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

That is actually what I am trying to do, the political way rather than by raw force.
Sherrod

Post by Sherrod »

Only problem with policitical is when it comes to town take overs.

There is no way other than contacting a GM, and sorting something through them, to take over a town peacefully.
Made by Adrian
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

When the gamemasters made up the siege, quite many in OoI disliked it. The people in Imperial were occasionally even forced to fight, threatening them with piety drop if they didn't, so I'm told. Someone correct me.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

But see there is no reason for Imperial to take over towns, we have our own gorgeous land that hasn't been used yet, and that is something we are trying to do.