Random Thoughts

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Kenyon Ahearn

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Light dissipates to the point where the human naked eye can no longer see the spectrum?

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Percy

Post by Percy »

Then what?

You're going to dispute anything I say because that's just you :D But hear me out...

It's like having something compact, a big bag of sugar for example. You start moving it one grain at a time into another container, it'll eventually not be 1 particle anymore but it's full entity again. If something can dissipate, it can accumulate again into the same form it began as.

Enegry can neither be destroyed or created. So it's being transformed into something else over and over until once again it's the said subject we're talking about.

So back onto the light and mirror room. Say we had the perfect conditions for this to happen, the light would not leave the room at all and it would dissipate, turn into something else, then that would either accumulate or dissipate again, until once again we have light, right?
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
volc

Post by volc »

Percy wrote:YOU're in a sealed room with a TORCH,...
So unless YOU and the TORCH are perfect mirrors too, they will absorb the light and the room goes dark pretty fast.

Check out how laser beams are created if you wanna see how much light can be trapped between two very good mirrors.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

well, yeah, let's assume that we and the torch would be mirrors lol :D
even if we weren't there still would be light at all times in the other points of the room. saying that we would absorve the light there doesn't make much sense, otherwise i could say i was absorbing light that is miles and miles away.but i'm not as dense as a black hole to be able to do that..so i wouldn't be able to even atract light that was in the same room. i would absorb light that is targeted at me, but not light that is near me (i think?)

anyways, the question here (@ percy) is, why would light dissipate in the first place?
what you said in your other post, i think you're talking about how light bulbs work?a lot of energy goes through the electric resistance causing it to heat and therefore it becomes bright and produces light?but light is already the energy that comes out of it, not the heating and the resistance itself.
however, the fact that when you have something going so fast (or with a lot of energy) make something brighter works like sounds (if you of course adapt your thinking. in acoustics, sound (as in notes) are made of incredibly fast and repeated beats. if you make an electronic device sound a beat per second, you'll hear a beat. make it sound two, you'll hear two. make it sound four, etc etc..when you make it sound like 32 and you'll hear something really low. make it sound incredibly fast beats (hundreds per second) and you'll hear notes (the more beats per second, the higher the note), you know, frequency, hertz
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Found this on lolpics.se

And thats like a real science website.

Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2