Ex-robbers.

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Uzriel Raven

Ex-robbers.

Post by Uzriel Raven »

So, who has tried robbing, but then found out they were not cut out for it? For a while(Long time ago) I robbed people, but only those that had something worth taking. If I saw a person wearing radlius while wielding lunar, I left them alone. Usually it was something that caught my eye, like a rare steed, magic cloth, a shiny weapon, or pretty armor. I wasn't always successful, but then other times I was. The problem was that I felt very guilty after robbing people. I figured it would pass, but no, it never did. And eventually I teamed up with a group of robbers that took anything, shit gear or pure awesomesawce stuff. It sickened me, because these people clearly took joy from ruining a person's day, I just wanted shiny stuff back then. So I gave it up and I've been blue ever since.

My most fail-tastic moment as a robber was when we took this guy's Ethereal horse. He seemed so damn sad that I ran back to him after everyone else left and gave him all the gold I had on me(Around 3k). Uzriel Raven was my only red character.
Kent Strider

Re: Ex-robbers.

Post by Kent Strider »

Funny thing about Uzriel's post is me and him both robbed together and secretly felt without telling each other. So he would give his half of the items to the guy, then later on I would do the EXACT same thing, meaning it was like the dude was never robbed in the first place. Especially in that ethereal steed situation, I gave it back to him :P
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

The Forsaken

Some or even most of you can remember this robber guild, where Gillis Gocker (Aka Timothy Ashton) was the best PvP bard around. (He's he owned my baba as no other bard did in vamp bones, except dioner with skulls with 80+ AR)

Those were fun times, and the guild was built from nature alts and to be really honest - nobody cared for the loot. We did it for the thrill and andrenaline. Basically a murderoud brigand clan. We killed mostly anyone with RP.

Fun times, fun.
Masano

Post by Masano »

I robbed for years on my mage Acca with Athan/Diotil alongside AP and many other robber guilds, had my Barbarian in Nox too for a short while. I never really gave a shit about the victims and most of the time id find it funny if someone whined or cried to me on icq about losing their items. Then came the item wipes and uni and i quit for ages, came back and Alteran was in charge and the gold and gems era. It was the time where everyone was on the public pangaea automap, I had very little but everyone was friendly and helpful and because of that I couldnt justify to myself robbing them just because the looting rules were changed. I think I may have robbed 1-2 people but didnt get the same buzz I used too, instead made me feel pretty shitty, effectively ending my robber career.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Uzriel Raven wrote:It sickened me, because these people clearly took joy from ruining a person's day, I just wanted shiny stuff back then. So I gave it up and I've been blue ever since.
"harmless outlet for our violent instincts" :p
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Uzriel Raven wrote: It sickened me, because these people clearly took joy from ruining a person's day, I just wanted shiny stuff back then. So I gave it up and I've been blue ever since.
I've done the same back in the AP days as a mage, i got pretty much bored and tired of that. I saw how some random noob was just bought a fresh lunar spear and some just have to take it away - i mean, nobody's ever going to use it on our side and i didn't even loot anything that wasnt worth looting for the next use.

Other than that, nowadays they just try to ruin the gameplay for another player without having a good session of RP either.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I never robbed any1 in my laif! Imma robbar virgin :cry:
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

my evil activity:

never robbed, never had red, never had 1 mc on any char even I think

houserobbing fishsteaks, manavamps, obsi-steeds and such lesser stuff all the time but from "red" houses only. occasionally some blue alt may lose something too because of that, but well, so much more glory for my ... family. as a general rule i think noxes should not sleep in the same bed with laws anyway, its just so strange rp-wise even if game mechanically sometimes necessary.

tamed dragons and got loads of good items such as lhios and hekhs from players who died to them and kept them for myself or gave them to my taming assistant as payment
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Edward Sinclair wrote:I never robbed any1 in my laif! Imma robbar virgin :cry:
+1

I do remember some good events with Athan and Artemis for example, a long time ago, when i just bought my first 500 reagent bag. :lol:
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Never had second thoughts about robbing and i usualy leave the useless guys alone... if they got something that im 100% sure they cant afford to lose or suchs i will take it just as a teaching example jewels how the heck lunar wearing lizard bone guy has 45k for +5 jewel suit? You tell me that?

Never felt bad and most likely never will, they'll learn eventualy as did i when i was a noobie.

if they hate me i get some more pvp :)