Clean looting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow clean looting?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 57

Boris
Admin

Clean looting?

Post by Boris »

Simple question and looking for the current poll result.

There's still a long way there. You need to handle the current looting rules (wich means no complaints or pages about illegal lootings - wich by the way we do recieve even now on monthly base), us GM's need the correct tools for it (Upload SS -section) and so forth. Anyhow, I'm just wondering about the current status.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jessica

Re: Clean looting?

Post by Jessica »

For starters I'd love to have current looting rules updated on the rules page.

Voted yes, becouse I like hardcoreness in UO. If you want to play safe, you can choose not to wear all your precious shit everywhere.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Jessica wrote:For starters I'd love to have current looting rules updated on the rules page.
It is?

- Boris
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Boris wrote:
Jessica wrote:For starters I'd love to have current looting rules updated on the rules page.
It is?

- Boris
Youre too fast for me. By the way, whats the official statement about killing/looting the steeds?
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I'm about to get flamed for this but....I voted no because these newer days are nothing like the old school days, basically some people have made PvP and griefing others their lifestyle on Pang and I don't think clean looting would be good for anyone but them.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Basicly I don't mind the current rules, but it does need one addition, wich is magical clothing.

The problem is that if we add magical clothing to the list of legal looting, it's pretty much the same thing as clean looting.

- Boris
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Jessica wrote: Youre too fast for me. By the way, whats the official statement about killing/looting the steeds?
As long you dont loot them do whatever you want. We don't have resources or willingness to oversee the killings of those.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Kent Strider wrote:I'm about to get flamed for this but....I voted no because these newer days are nothing like the old school days, basically some people have made PvP and griefing others their lifestyle on Pang and I don't think clean looting would be good for anyone but them.
Theres many ways to gather wealth on Pangaea, and I can assure you that griefing isnt the most effective one, nor the easiest one either. But thats the salt in UO, players are (quite) free to do anything and in theory, they can reach anything. Don't see why you should be flamed about your opinion though.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Well Jess theres two types of players here on Pang, ones like you that see my opinion and have a nice clean debate about it, then there are those that will see it and flame me. Glad your the way you are ;)
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I voted no for this... because atm there are immature players within the shard.. also this would make people stop playing all together, because there are a few out there who just play UO.. and some of them have worked really hard to get their stuff so they can hunt..

Plus some would say "this is just game" its different.. for example first person shooter.. your K/D Ratio drops, but you can get it back up no problem. But in UO you earn it, but then the next mins you get robbed. You wouldt feel like playing as much... Plus most people would get attached to their items