Clean looting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow clean looting?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 57

yuusou

Re: Clean looting?

Post by yuusou »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Yuusou wrote:No, not until a tight hand is put around roleplay when robbing/war-ing.
And people should stand still and RP, most of victims just runs away.
Of course people aren't going to stand around if the RP is "Give or Die."
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Bruce wrote:If its just 5 items from the person who gave the last blow and only craftble items, then maybe, but there are loop holes.. such as you get killed and the person loots just five item.. you get ressed come back to pick up your items.. then bang robbed again... and the only people who are voting yes to this is people who just comeon online to PVP (no offence)
But that's why we have the asshole rule. ;)

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

If that "only 5 items can be looted" would ever be scripted, it would lead to people abuse it by carrying a lot of "a cloak" or something items which take huge space in inventory, hiding the valuables under them.

At the moment looting rules are quite funny. You could get the almost same amount of loot from newbie in despise (somehow even the baseclasses seem to find jewels and whatnot...), than from some really good guy hunting at another dungeon.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Aznar

Post by Aznar »

Jessica wrote:If that "only 5 items can be looted" would ever be scripted, it would lead to people abuse it by carrying a lot of "a cloak" or something items which take huge space in inventory, hiding the valuables under them.
I'm quite sure that it can be scripted that the loot only counts when you actually drop an item anywhere else than the corpse where you took it from, so you could effectively sort through the belongings without having to worry that your 5 item counter ticks off.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Jessica wrote:If that "only 5 items can be looted" would ever be scripted, it would lead to people abuse it by carrying a lot of "a cloak" or something items which take huge space in inventory, hiding the valuables under them.

At the moment looting rules are quite funny. You could get the almost same amount of loot from newbie in despise (somehow even the baseclasses seem to find jewels and whatnot...), than from some really good guy hunting at another dungeon.
I think getting an auro set from someone hunting in a dungeon beats a radilus set from someone sparring against lizardmen.

Up until recently the looting rules have worked just fine. At this point however, people have started to exploit them by using vendor chains and empyrean foci while trying to snipe people with rites.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Darion al'Ferran wrote: And people should stand still and RP, most of victims just runs away.
Like I said before, RP should apply to robbers and victims and this should be encouraged.

Right now, I believe most people just run away because robbers will never give them the chance to go freely even if it's a 0,000001% chance or if they pay X money or give them Y items. Most PVP'ers just kill for killing, not giving an opportunity for players to get away with their hardcore roleplaying skills :lol: .
Although I have found some players that allow for this very tiny percentage of escaping to exist, I don't know what's worse: running away or not giving a crap about the other person's roleplay.

Also, imho the asshole rule currently does nothing. No justice has been made by this rule, it's just some kind of warning saying that sometimes people are assholes. There should be some kind of harsh punishment for this and something more specific. That way people might think twice before being assholes (being it robbers or victims).

If I'm wrong and this rule has indeed made some justice, I suggest including players that run away from robbers as part of it.

Any suggestions on how to encourage players to rp with robbers?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Aileth wrote: Any suggestions on how to encourage players to rp with robbers?
The only real way would be to take away .mayday
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

About 5 items...

Sure a bag can be filled with any stuff, but shuffeling items does not count as looting.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Mike wrote:
Aileth wrote: Any suggestions on how to encourage players to rp with robbers?
The only real way would be to take away .mayday
That doesn't change the fact that some players will still kill for later trashing all the victim's items, without any consideration taken to the player's roleplay.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Aileth wrote: That doesn't change the fact that some players will still kill for later trashing all the victim's items, without any consideration taken to the player's roleplay.
No, but it gives time to RP for those that would like to.