Clean looting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow clean looting?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 57

Edward Sinclair

Re: Clean looting?

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Darian, you didn't read the guy's post fully, and you're not active IG enough to know that he's not talking about Tekstone and Nox.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

There are two kind of robber groups at the moment on the shard; those who rob everyone who they meet, and then there are those who choose who are worthy to rob. I have a feeling Yudhishthir was referring to the first mentioned group in his post.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Ivan wrote:
Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:All I see here is people afraid to lose some of their dear E-penis show-off town armors.
Agreed with this.
Good armors should be put in use not waste them by letting them rot in your bankbox.
Well those whom you speak of DONT PVP... if you look at poll its been 50/50 or more on the side of no to clean loot...
The ones who show off with their "E penis" go on hunts, mine, Rp in towns. then those who wanna show off their V penis in pvp and been demanding clean loot.. I am NOT FLAMING you guys or trying to start a pissing match, just getting sick of the excuses... the shard economy in trouble.... how many are the 1% on here?
Tyrion wrote:In the future, yes, it's too soon to be discussing this topic as the shard population will decrease at an exponentially rapid pace.

Edit: Maybe adding a limitation to WHAT can be looted: armors and weapons or cloths and jewelry would be another direction to go. Our community cannot handle full looting, it ALWAYS ends badly for one and benefits the other, the difference in wealth becomes apparent quite quickly after a few battles are one in succession.

Edit2: Also, the maturity level of our player-base is a topic for concern. It WILL cause more aggression and bickering (IG / OOG) than what staff has had to deal with thus far, not to mention we still don't have another GM to handle the growing EST zone.
^ What he said is pretty much it.... and yeah we should keep disussing it.. :)
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Monad wrote:There are two kind of robber groups at the moment on the shard; those who rob everyone who they meet, and then there are those who choose who are worthy to rob. I have a feeling Yudhishthir was referring to the first mentioned group in his post.
Bim, the first group is the reason this poll is 50/50 in the first place.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

If you want the looting rules, you can have them on by simply deciding yourself what to wear on hunts and what not.

Ofcourse its a risk to wear clothes on hunt, heck, its even now a risk that you might lose them to monster. If you fail at playing, youre gonna lose something. If you dont agree the old school game mentality, maybe you shouldnt play at the first place. But, these additional rules hurt depth of gameplay of this game.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i don't have a robber and i'm not trying to help their cause.
but if it's so easy to accuse robbers that they just want to pvp, isn't it easy to say all the victims want to do is to pvm with their good stuff?
if someone's so interested in rp, should they mind if they lose their best stuff therefore not being able to go to great dungeons? means what they care about is pvm then.
caring only for pvp is not nice, but caring only for pvm (because sure is easier fighting a monster than a player) is not nice aswell.
and if we care for rp, sure we get pissed off when we lose our items, but our rp is more valuable than that. we lost our stuff, so what?our character is still the same person, etc etc. can't pvm that well no more?so what?rp hasn't been denied.

i'm not favouring any side here, really.
but let's not accuse pvp'ers because they are taking away our pvm stuff.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I hear ya glar.. but this is thing really, the people who said no to clean loot are a mixture. For example there is one person I know, who used to be in law, whenever he had killed a robber, he didnt loot them, but he would ress them then leave.. also this guy hunts, etc...

Now this is other thing, maybe I didnt make myself clear... but there are heavy pvp'ers who want clean loot now... thats abit of a problem.. which just means they logon for pvp then log out. Who dont do nothing else, yeah I know this shard is pvp/pvm + rp. Which just means that the shard isn't ready for dryloot just yet.. there are still problems.. like for example the lack of maturity in some players, that needs to be sorted..

Plus the limitation of loot rule is better for the shard..
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Jessica wrote:If you dont agree the old school game mentality, maybe you shouldnt play at the first place.
Doesn't make much sense imo? It is working just fine as is, its the players fault if they are all wearing radlius and iron.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Atleast back in my days there was neutral respect between guilds/religions and robbers. If Law took down a robber, they'd only loot some items. When the table was turned (robbers kill Law) they acted likewise. If a robber was known for clean looting, they ofcourse were treated that way back. Unfortunately at some point such kind acts were forgotten.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Boris wrote:Atleast back in my days there was neutral respect between guilds/religions and robbers. If Law took down a robber, they'd only loot some items. When the table was turned (robbers kill Law) they acted likewise. If a robber was known for clean looting, they ofcourse were treated that way back. Unfortunately at some point such kind acts were forgotten.

- Boris
Trust is the word. We don't trust each other, so we go for what we can get.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota