Poll on piety system

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Wich piety system do you prefer?

Current system
28%
Updated system
72%

Total votes: 69

Boris
Admin

Poll on piety system

Post by Boris »

Current system:
  • - HP recieves automatically 60 piety.
    - HP chooses his SiC, who is granted 50 piety.
    - All others classes max. at 40 piety.
Updated system:
  • - HP recieves automatically 60 piety.
    - Priests and Monks max. at 50 piety *).
    - Knights and Rangers max. at 40 piety.

*) Priests and Monks gain normally through the altar up to 40 piety. When a Priest/Monk has enough days in the religion, the HP sends an application/request to the staff for 50 piety. The staff votes and decides if the player is worth 50 piety.
- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Boris
Admin

Re: Poll on piety system

Post by Boris »

I would of posted a draft on timers for 40-50 and 10-50, but can't remember what the exact timer was (between 40 and 50). Perhaps someone can freshen my memory?

- Boris
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Also if the updated system would be taken to use, all the current SiC's would be dropped from 50 back to 40 (unless enough days in the religion). The new system would drop piety for starters a tiny bit, but in a long run (lets say 3 months ahead) we're looking at people having a possibility to recieve more piety. I can't remember the correct time to have a chance for more piety, but we're talking 300(+) days in a religion.

- Boris
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Would be nice to see who and why are they voting for the current system? Are they people outside of religions trying to weaken priests, or in religion not understanding the system? Not understanding the fact that only this way you can actually gain more than the 40 piety.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Voted on updated system, even though would prefer hp starting from 50 hp and max for him 60.

Don't think anyone should get 60 piety for just being voted as hp. If you guide your religion forward, or have good leadership, then you can achieve 60 as HP.
Birds nest: 620-518-578
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Would be nice to see who and why are they voting for the current system? Are they people outside of religions trying to weaken priests, or in religion not understanding the system? Not understanding the fact that only this way you can actually gain more than the 40 piety.
Some people simply like a more static and strict system. HP this, SiC that and all other this.

- Boris
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Voted for updated system.

Because it will simply encourage people to roleplay for 50piety.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Would be nice to see who and why are they voting for the current system? Are they people outside of religions trying to weaken priests, or in religion not understanding the system? Not understanding the fact that only this way you can actually gain more than the 40 piety.
I dont think that is the case. I voted for current, because I rather prefer if its balance then something which is going to benfit the priests and monks.
If this would benfit all characters that use the tome in a religion, then maybe yes.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

knights and rangers aren't supposed to be the best with tomes anyway...
i voted for the new system, not because of priests, but because of monk's possibility to get 50 piety.
i think they need it, because of not gm med and not so good spells either.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I don't see the reasoning besides something else to build towards, so I'm voting no.

I'm fine with the current system and see nothing wrong with a bunch of 40's running around. A HP should have an substantial advantage, and that just won't be the case if everyone eventually has 50 piety.
632-140-419