Itemwipe

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Play

Yes
67%
No
30%
Maybe
4%

Total votes: 27

Kent Strider

Re: Itemwipe

Post by Kent Strider »

yeah ur right about that! no one wants to macro for hours on end AGAIN
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Boris wrote:There was an item wipe before, but that's just a temporary solution. The problem is that characters stay, so you'll still have ancient merchants, same veins etc. so it won't take long for things to change to the current status.

The correct way would be item + character wipe, but that's something no one wants.

- Boris
Item wipe + moving veins did prevent blacksmiths from being able to craft right away took a few months before they had found all the veins.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Quintoz wrote:
Boris wrote:There was an item wipe before, but that's just a temporary solution. The problem is that characters stay, so you'll still have ancient merchants, same veins etc. so it won't take long for things to change to the current status.

The correct way would be item + character wipe, but that's something no one wants.

- Boris
Item wipe + moving veins did prevent blacksmiths from being able to craft right away took a few months before they had found all the veins.

There is still some confusion about veins.

Edit: I would vote no on a char wipe. An item wipe with some changes about the economy might do the trick to gain a playerbase.

After the item wipe 2008.

Last edited by Johnny Walac on Sat May 14, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Item wipe + relocating veins would do good in a long run. That plus change in looting rules.

Just try to convince 90% of the playerbase. Otherwise things won't change.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:Item wipe + relocating veins would do good in a long run. That plus change in looting rules.

- Boris

The economy won't get any better, only worse. When the economy hits the bottom there is only one thing that will fix it.

So either we fix it now. Or just wipe imo.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Boris wrote:Item wipe + relocating veins would do good in a long run. That plus change in looting rules.

- Boris
I believe that 90% of the playerbase is allready on the boat! =).

Chivay

Post by Chivay »

10 votes is hardly whole playerbase.

I don't really believe in the playing for the sake of getting more stuff to get even more stuff. Items, skills etc. are tools, and PvP and PvE is where the fun should be, and that's where items and skills are used.

Item wipe might boost the economy, but it's just a bandaid. Sooner or later it will be the same situation again. It's better to find a solution which fixes the problem permanently instead of 3 year cycles.

Personally, item wipe doesn't really affect me at all, since I have nothing anyway yet.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Chivay wrote:10 votes is hardly whole playerbase.

I don't really believe in the playing for the sake of getting more stuff to get even more stuff. Items, skills etc. are tools, and PvP and PvE is where the fun should be, and that's where items and skills are used.

Item wipe might boost the economy, but it's just a bandaid. Sooner or later it will be the same situation again. It's better to find a solution which fixes the problem permanently instead of 3 year cycles.

Personally, item wipe doesn't really affect me at all, since I have nothing anyway yet.
Well currently half the poeple have auros and full indies while some have radilus and no cloths and there is no middle ground and an item wipe would first off all put everybody on the same level and with some diffrent looting rules and more / moved veins it would boost economy and in that way money would change hands more often instead of the same 3-4 partys trading them between eachother.

Tyriul Thorne

Post by Tyriul Thorne »

Won't let me vote, if it did I would vote yes.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

- Boris

If all the ores were brought back to veins maybe, just too hard to get the upper end ores.
632-140-419