Clean looting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow clean looting?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 57

Edward Sinclair

Re: Clean looting?

Post by Edward Sinclair »

We would have no rules for looting, but you could insure (newbify) your magical clothing. The price would be sky-high (i.e. 300k a piece). Because the price would be high, people would not insure clothes cheaper than the insurance, wich would make sure there still was a game for lower magical clothing.
Also, this insurance- it could be a way to take money from the system (say, if GMs newbify the clothes the GMs take the money and destroy it)- these items will never be lost, use this as an excuse to take gold out of circulation.
Clean looting -> more market for merchants
Needed.
You won't loose your indies if you newbify them
Less whining and rage quits.
We'll suck the players dry of gold
That sounds eerily familiar...

Another bonus: This won't be taking time away from Wille with having to program special looting scripts. Newbifying an item appears to be a simple process not requiring a programmer.

A potential "con": This might nerf hunting a bit (as people once with the newbified clothes, will not need anymore)- this can be compensated for by ensuring the insurance IS sky high (i,e 500k, or even a million), and this might already be compensated with the fact that the shard has needed for many years, a way to drain gold from the economy.

Guys (and girls), we have to think like politicians on this one: we need inefficient spending and lousy excuses for it.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

I am unsure about voting for clean looting based on the following:

1. People taking the rules too literally and going to the tiniest detail to make the robbery legal/illegal.
2. The looting rules should be more specific in some case scenarios (most might think this is unnecessary but it would save everyone (GMs and people who report robberies) a lot of time).
3. I suggest an incentive to roleplaying with robbers:
Roleplay should be mandatory from both the robber and the victim.
5. There should be harsher punishments for the asshole rule, ex. when a robber dryloots only to put all the victim's belongings in a trash barrel and burn it, or killing all your steeds and cutting them for fun.
6. There seems to be a lot of PvpP'ers in Pangaea who rob for the killing and not for the roleplay.
7. Imo robbing isn't meant to be easy, you should earn what you get from your victim.
8. Seeing that Pang wants to increase the playerbase, having ragequits for grey-area robberies or excessive PVP isn't all that better for the shard.

I would like to see drylooting come back, but not with how the shard is at the moment.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I think the limited looting is the better way to go, in my newly found experience. Insurance on items is fun, but wouldn't work on Pang though I do agree with alot of what Aileth has said. Is there some good inbetween route to go here?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

If you aint gonna make clean loot atleast change it so that clothes can be newbified and everything that is left would be lootable!

no use to rob hunters if we cant take their loot.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Yes for drylooting, bring back the economy.

If people aint sure about if hunt in indies or not, keep them safe in your bankbox and go hunt without clothes. Thats so simple.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

No, not until a tight hand is put around roleplay when robbing/war-ing.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Restricted looting scriptwise is better for the playerbase. Poor guys will loose a small amount, rich guys will loose more. So basicly if you loose a vampire bone set, it's really not much. If you're wearing full indies, that'll hurt for sure.

Insurance on the other hand is just an easy way out, wich is doable, but not sure if it's the best idea.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Biao

Post by Biao »

Personally i hate the fact people can´t lose cloths... On the old days only good players actually wear them, cuz they knew they wouldn´t die to some random guys. Now i see everyone using them. Witch to me atleast looks stupid.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Yuusou wrote:No, not until a tight hand is put around roleplay when robbing/war-ing.
And people should stand still and RP, most of victims just runs away.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Boris wrote:We did talk about a "5 items system" some months ago, but there are tons of disadvantages in that scriptwise. Basicly if you die to a monster and your friends comes to loot you, then he could take only those 5 items aswell and so forth. Being robbed by a group can be restricted, i.e. only the one who gave the last blow can loot.

What are your feelings on insurance systems? Just for clothes.

- Boris
If its just 5 items from the person who gave the last blow and only craftble items, then maybe, but there are loop holes.. such as you get killed and the person loots just five item.. you get ressed come back to pick up your items.. then bang robbed again... and the only people who are voting yes to this is people who just comeon online to PVP (no offence).
Kent Strider wrote:I think the limited looting is the better way to go, in my newly found experience. Insurance on items is fun, but wouldn't work on Pang though I do agree with alot of what Aileth has said. Is there some good inbetween route to go here?
Yeah I agree limiting the loot is the best way for the shard atm.. and what aileth said has hit the nail on the head...
Last edited by Bruce on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.