Looting restriction by script

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How many items would be best amount for looting?

None, looting rules is better system
46%
No votes
8%
5%
8%
5%
More than six
27%

Total votes: 37

Kent Strider

Re: Looting restriction by script

Post by Kent Strider »

He already said this wouldn't work anyway why not lock the thread ^_^
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Also, to make sure the robbed items can be retrieved, each looted item looted without the .grab option, or from a player who has given the option to loot all - in case a friend loots your items - are tagged as "[Looted]" for 30 minutes. During that time all these items can be re-looted as well as 6 - which I voted - extra items.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Also what Repsak had planned (in 2006'ish) with .rob -command could work. I wouldn't take the command to use, but the idea of a lootbag could work.

Basicly you loot stuff by dragging items to a lootbag. You can only put stuff there and it would take x amount of time to actually reopen the bag (and take things out). While the timer's running the lootbag is locked to your backpack. Then we could simply change the value of the lootbag to 0 or 1 (counted as "0" or "1" item), so a situation like Jyrgen/Palma mentioned, would create no probems.

What comes to this whole issue of looting, I'm leaning towards the services of Harry the Handyman for it's simplicity. Surely the rich will still have their things safe, but atleast it'll cost like hell.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

i can bearly buy enough gheals.... never mind insurence. looting rules every few months are getting reviewed cause people dont do there job in PROTECTING PEOPLE FROM ROBBERS, i know what boris is saying about the cloths but i dont see every religion wearer running round in indy just the theives and hardcore pvm'ers, really if its a big problem law could essentially be allowed to dryloot robbers after they commit a crime. [note below]

*remember dry-looting can be arranged through IG with meetings / ooc discussions with guilds / religions your at war with.*
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's not robbers in indies, it's all of you in indies - safe from looting. The same thing needs to happen to magical clothing, what already has happened to armor/weapons.

It's as simple as that.

- Boris
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

whats the problem with people wearing indys?

*ps theres not that many except those that play the game hardcore that do have full indy sets personally i own an indy provo and indy fencing thats it..... now looting rules get changed again [possible], and i have to go buy some lesser clothes, I was actually looking forward to pvm, pvp where i dont loose a couple mill if i want to be at my best and have a competative edge...

the day dry looting or cloth looting comes back in i'll take a month off for everyone to whine at gm's how they are getting raped everyday and no one is answering .mayday.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Biggs wrote:now looting rules get changed again [possible], and i have to go buy some lesser clothes
That's exactly the idea?

- Boris
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Biggs wrote: the day dry looting or cloth looting comes back in i'll take a month off for everyone to whine at gm's how they are getting raped everyday and no one is answering .mayday.
is this the idea also? many of law are still starting up and training, dry/cloth looting rite now would effect them too much, many will probly shrug of the dirt and carry on but some leave. we had this problem with imperial many years ago in malas but many stuck with it gritted our teeth and faught an impossible battle to win, this was a everyday thing at ag house east entrance to the city. law - tek - ag vs imps - imps gaurds
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I'm afraid a insurence thingy wouldn't fix anything altho it will drain alot of gold from the players it would also mean that the price on cloth would go down even more, atm nobody is buying a second indy mace since you wont lose the one you have in the first place. Also I think it's a huge balance issue when I can run around in forti / indy while others might have nothing even tho we are wearing the same armors and weapons I have the advantage - better to let the cloth collect dust then being used 24/7.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Well if we went to cloth looting most wouldn't wear in pvp situations. Unless we do this insurance thing, which I would take advantage of for not only pvp but pvm. After all that's all I worry about losing, as their harder to obtain. That's the main problem, losing armor is one thing because it's obtainable much easier. But losing a cloth in that perfect slot is another.

If cloths are looted, will they appear on mobs at least by a small pecentage of increase? We already have a severe lack of high end ores not being used in pvp because of low/moderate vein locations. Just wondering where is the gain from the victims since we would lose valuables?