Why do you hunt?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Why do you hunt?

Fun with friends
32%
money/items
47%
Challenge
17%
other, please specify below
3%

Total votes: 93

Tyrion

Re: Why do you hunt?

Post by Tyrion »

Darian Darkmind wrote:There was shitloads of more activity, lots of more monsters and people hunting... there was a lot more items than there are now, yet, still the indys were sold for high price as were d'skulls and auros. The only difference was full looting as well as higher activity.
Delusions. There was like 10 people that played during that time.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Tyrion wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:There was shitloads of more activity, lots of more monsters and people hunting... there was a lot more items than there are now, yet, still the indys were sold for high price as were d'skulls and auros. The only difference was full looting as well as higher activity.
Delusions. There was like 10 people that played during that time.
Umm, before Alteran's time? The online count was higher than it is now.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

There was a lot of challenge back in the old days, but nowdays people have their accounts packed with heightened characters. When you raid the same dungeons over and over again, it becomes a rutine and isn't a challenge anymore. That's also why at least I do small changes here and there every day to all the dungeons to break that rutine. When people notice their rutines are broken, it usually just ends up with whine on the boards. I'm not being a dick, the world simply isn't as static as you think or wish it is.

Special monsters are spawned here and there on a weekly base aswell. You just need to find them.

What comes to Destard, as far as I remember it was closed for a long time during the previous adminstration. If I remember correctly, the only reason for it was the loot. When I joined Pangaea as a staff member, I re-opened it. I had rights to spawn it only with normal dragons with perhaps one great dragon. When you compare that dungeon to the current dungeon, there sure is a lot more to kill and to gain.

I've mentioned this a bunch of times... but the pattern on Pangaea is "you gain, you loose". So for example if we extend the looting rules to none - then we can spawn even more high-end stuff to the world (incl. Destard). That is not an issue for now. We don't want to change the looting rules and/or piety systems every month.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Boris wrote:Special monsters are spawned here and there on a weekly base aswell. You just need to find them.
I know, we've found a few of them already and it's been fun. However, what I'd like to see re-implemented is the adv.guild special monsters or champions spawns. Back in Repsak's days if you took 5 item quests to the same dungeon, instead of spawning 5 dragons it spawned one "immortal" monster which were always of special colours and insanely hard. We killed five of them and then Repsak removed the system for some reason. The monsters gave special magic items, clothes of special colours etc as well as 200k gold and plenty of ores. However, they weren't easy. For example this "Immortal beaver" was a pink bear, fast as a phoenix, casting little magic - however very deadly - as well as hit 2 tiles. The fact it hit two tiles made it almost impossible to kill. You had to constantly spam it with summons first in order for you to get to hit it yourself. Then there were black immortal daemon that pretty much insta-killed you with spells.

So I know special monsters are spawned even now, but I'd like to see a system, such as the champion system, where we players can decide to spawn one of them to a chosen dungeon should we have the time and will to face the challenge. Yes, this might end to us always activating the champions, but to keep things interesting there are many kind of champions so you never know which one you'll face next time and therefore it won't get repeative and boring. Also when we tried one of these champions it spawned multiple giants at the same time, and when you killed the previous giants new giants spawned and the worst was two cloud giants the same time... and that was not easy at all... yet after a few hours we triumphed victorious. And that was fun!
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

The adv. system can be looked into at some point. I think Wille had multiple improvements to the system. It's no urgent matter, but surely the whole system can be revised when the current (never-ending) 2DO-list is completed.

- Boirs
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

+1 to everything darian said
for the record cloth market was ruined way before due to increase in amount of 80+ lockpickers rather then monsters drops...When you think about it there isnt that much difference between heigteen and normal chars, whatever heigteen baba can kill normal baba can kill as well.
Darian Darkmind

Andoriel wrote:+1 to everything darian said
for the record cloth market was ruined way before due to increase in amount of 80+ lockpickers rather then monsters drops...When you think about it there isnt that much difference between heigteen and normal chars, whatever heigteen baba can kill normal baba can kill as well.
That is true, both of them. Heightened chars don't mean jack. Ancient chars don't mean jack, it's the skill of the player and a otherwise maxed character can do whatever an ancient character does. About lockpickers, true as well of course, however in no way should lockpickers be nerfed. The skill is pain in the ass to train and they deserve whatever millions they make during their career.

We need true challenge, risk to lose all your items other than the internet crashing leading to your corpse decaying - Haa-haa Johnny Walac. However, such risk is only welcomed with higher rewards.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Too soon Darra... Too soon.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Adventure guild champion system would be awesome.

it also could have a mid range challenges that would create smaller "special" mobs (1-2 player killable monsters) into some dungeon like covetous level 2 or shame level 2 etc. (difficulty of the monster depends on the dungeon) these small quest would ofcourse require first hunting example 3-5 titan heads to get the monster spawned to the specific dungeon.

And yes economy is pretty rutheless at the moment and perhaps pangaea need new high end level... you know how they raise max lvl in wow and other MMORPG's, it would ofcourse require _A LOT_ of planning to succeed but it would be interesting to see to see all " good players " having hard time like noobies with a gargoyle.

Monsters would level up perhaps implement skills and new ores,hides and bones which would be PVM wise more effective than current ones and have new high end monsters that would be simply NEARLY immortal to players if they didnt have right gear etc. (this would turn current high end monsters into mid level possibly)

just throwing some ideas... perhaps they are worth of a cent
Gutian

Post by Gutian »

Responding to the main question, I hunt because i need money... That is the true for these days and that happens because i had my account deleted.Anyway, fun is an important aspect, or it will lead us to inactivity.

Another thing i realised is that now, Pangaea is shaped to be played with clothes, what is kinda sad. And that is the reason why they are so ordinary nowadays. Thats just my opinion and the way i see this mather.