3D question

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

If 3D was banned, would it make you to:

Play more
41%
Play less
14%
Play the same
38%
Quit
7%

Total votes: 73

Demian

Re: 3D question

Post by Demian »

Vaux27 wrote:For some Americans this was a big boost, I'm not sure how honestly.

In the end Euros will always be a little faster, but this is a step closer to the solution. Maybe the POL move along with this will resolve it for everyone?
There is atleast 1 american I know at the moment that runs exactly the same speed as me. I'm from Finland and not lagging at all.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Demian wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:For some Americans this was a big boost, I'm not sure how honestly.

In the end Euros will always be a little faster, but this is a step closer to the solution. Maybe the POL move along with this will resolve it for everyone?
There is atleast 1 american I know at the moment that runs exactly the same speed as me. I'm from Finland and not lagging at all.

I'm basically the same speed as well, and being able to run ahead or at least keep away from Boris and his 14 ping while testing yesterday...I'm happy.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Yeh I know of 2 americans also i've tested this with, they ran same speed as me and maybe over like 40 tiles had one jump/one tile of lag.
Big improvement on before I think.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Tyrion wrote:
It isn't the same speed. On the test server I attempted to run through town and was doing fine until GM teleported too me (not pointing a finger, just stating a fact), which froze the game and I got butchered. NA 2d vs EU 2d = EU win. I would be willing to accept the difference but when it comes to PVP, you won't see myself on the field w/ more than 10 people fighting. 2 - 4 seconds of lag = "ooOoOoOooO" + looted cleanly. At least on 3d everybody is typically the same speed on the primary (Irmings server), and I would assume with a better connection, it would be the same on a 100mbit / 1kmbit throughput dedicated server.
Totally offtopic // So speed does matter? Do you have any idea of how much faster 3d is?
Was always fun watching you banish anyone I was fighting with on 3d so you could moe me down on as I was always 2d. And you picking off 2d people in battles as you know you can get 2 hits in very very easily. Thats acceptable, the odd bit of lag in a fight with 10 people is just unthinkable. Fighting law every time we see 10x guards and veritas, we get that, its normal. :|

Looking forward to what I can see is a new beginning on pangaea, had to put up with this bullshit since 2007-2008 when criptor and co figured it out.