Trial announcement

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Demian

Trial announcement

Post by Demian »

Greetings citizens.

I apologize for the short notice, but in a few minutes the Order of Law will be holding a public hearing for a accused houserobber, Alisa.

The felon will be given a chance to explain himself.

The hearing will be held in the courtroom, as usually.

Zarek Sanchez,
Head Priest of the Order of Law
Demian

Re: Trial announcement

Post by Demian »

The hearing has ended.

Alisa was being accused of houserobbing for personal profit by crafting armor sets from the victims material and trying to flee from the scene of crime after being told to stop by our officers.

Alisa was found guilty of these charges and the punishment was confiscation of all of the belongings she had in her posession.

Alisa's accomplice, Arthur Nox, was found guilty of assisting Alisa in the houserobbing, lying to the officers of Law, an attempt to flee the scene of crime and lying in court.

Arthur Nox was imprisoned at the end of the hearing for the crimes he was found guilty of.

Zarek Sanchez,
Cycanin

Post by Cycanin »

Pardon my confusion, but can an officer of Law kindly clarify the results of this trial?

Was Alisa, the guilty house-robber, stripped of her possessions and let go while her accomplice, who lied to the officers of Law and attempted escape, imprisoned?

-Cycanin
Citizen of Britain
168-515-186
Demian

Post by Demian »

Cycanin,

That is correct. The decision made about the punishments was based on two things. First one being, the possessions confiscated from Alisa were deemed to be of significant importance to her and her abilities to profit from tailoring. Her crime was one of greed and therefore we feel her punishment is a fitting one. She was fully co-operative with the trial and has no other previous charges against her. The decision was also agreed to by the victim of the crime.

Second thing being, Arthur Nox tried to deceive the officers of Law throughout the whole incident, all the way from the scene of crime, to the hearing. Constantly changing his story to try and get off with a less severe punishment. That, and being a major part of the houserobbing by calling the tailor to the scene of crime in the first place, we saw it fit he is punished more severely.

I hope this makes the situation clearer to you, and you can see why we decided upon the punishments the way we did.

Zarek Sanchez,
Cycanin

Post by Cycanin »

Thank you very much for your swift reply, it clarified every question that I thought of.

I am also very glad to see that our realm's protectors readily provide detailed explanation of the judgement that they bestow upon the criminals.

With utmost respect
-Cycanin
Citizen of Britain
168-515-186
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Yes i lost millions of worth of items in this trial for freedom, i do not see it being rightful because i did nothing wrong. I was ordered to the spot of crime by normal contact of customer and merchant. I did not know these materials were stole or someone else's which i did not get even to know even in the trial(i was uncertain even in the trail where these materials came from). I was just blamed for the crime of robbing, which i did not certainly do. I only acted as my customer wished, he pointed out the materials which i started to craft. Until a huge person shouting came around and scared me so badly that i wet my pants and started panicing and ran away as far as i could... Even more appeared while i was running and that made me run even faster until i accidently stepped into gate that leaded into some of the islands around the world and got beaten down by a strong fighter. I just wish that order would be more rightful in cases like these... If i would have been in stealing position i would have not surely woren my most precious clothes or armours. Only an idiot would do so and im certainly not an idiot as far as i know.

Alisa - grandmaster tailor
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Job well done, officers of Law! Keep the scum off the streets! Honest merchants should rule the market!

-Varn Wraithswood, fair trade smith.