Talk of Talborea

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Dista

Talk of Talborea

Post by Dista »

Rincoe wasted no time in getting to the Sweet Dreams Inn. Breathing rather heavily he rode just to the edge of the Inn’s wall and peered down the dimly lit alley way, as always the one window was bright with glowing lanterns. Rincoe rushed to the front steps, tied his steed and climbed the stairs to enter the Inn.

Taro greeted Rincoe with delight as always, Rincoe answered although his attention was obviously focused on entering the second door on his right. He jammed the key into the lock and turned the handle at once. As quickly as he had opened the door he entered and closed it immediately in his tracks.

Distavirous looked up from his stool behind the door and half smiled.
“I thought I would see you here soon enough”
Rincoe continued to remain silent; his eyes did not leave his path once. Distavirous shuffled in his chair and set some kindling on the floor to his left. This happened just as Rincoe dropped his backpack at the foot of the bed and turned to stare directly into Mr. Brom’s dark eyes.
“I can barely stand the sight of you anymore you old man, that stench too, when is the last time you bathed Brom?”
Distavirous wiped his hand over his face and tightened his bandana.
“I uh… I knew you wouldn’t approve… I am”
“Wouldn’t approve!?” Rincoe bursted out. “Approve? Is that what this is about Brom, my approval is it?”
“No no that is neither… at all not my intentions… not my, I am… sorry but I… I had no choice” muttered Brom now slouching over on his stool.
“No choice? An offer to leave was no choice Brom? A man points his spear at you and gives you the chance to walk away and you fold into giving him what he asks for?”
“No you see but…”
“I see it clearly Brom, much more clearly then you at this point. You have the nerve to beg for my gold when you make deals like these?” hissed Rincoe. He paced the room a couple times throwing a few nasty glances towards the old bearded man.

“Here is your gold Brom, I don’t want to hear anymore about your dealings with these people” Rincoe finished as he stops in silence to listen. He peers out the window quickly and then returns to his conversation with a noticeably lower tone this time.
“Brom these Talborean folks are not to be meddled with. Have you not heard of all the controversy and death surrounding these people? The guards are out for their heads Brom, and if word gets out you are funding their rage, they will be out for yours too”
Rincoe finished in almost a whisper; he remained standing and staring into Brom’s eyes.

He tore his head away from Brom, threw his backpack over his shoulder and marched towards the door. As he grasped the handle he looked towards Brom,
“Stay safe Brom, May the God’s save you”
Rincoe shut the doors behind him he rushed to his steed and mounted it in an instant. With one final glance of uncertainty back towards the Inn, he rode off into the dimly lit paths leading out of town. Rincoe rode further and further in to the darkness until it completely engulfed him entirely making him invisible.
"Come forth into the light of things,
Let Nature be your teacher."

- William Wordsworth