Ludwig

Re: The Good Recent Changes Thread

Post by Ludwig »

Yes, I think your work rocks! I love you aaaaall

.. Except Troy. I hate Troy.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Tears of joy turned into tears of rage lol.

As I mentioned before, its nice to voice an idea, and have it thought about. Yesterday, I asked Neon if he could look into a possible bug for me. He did as soon as he could, and told me the results of what he found. I ask Troy, Alona, or Alteran a question, and I get a straightforward answer immediately, or at their earliest convenience.

Plus, you guys also have an open minded sense of humour, as we're all just a little bit f---ed up lol. Keep up the good work, guys.

"Cudo's are like piety... Once you start giving em out, everybody wants some!"
Troy

Post by Troy »

Most of you are a little messed up, except Geryn I think you may take the cake :D <3
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Hell yeah... Keeps people on their toes when you're borderline Skitzoid lol.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Off-topic, but:

Thanks to those who keep the freeshard Pangaea running; your fine D&D influenced RP shard has helped me a lot to achieve my ~80 000 minutes (~55 days) of 100% sobriety. =P

Lack of PvP is a bit sad thing but I tolerate it. Best until I've maxed my chars.

And thanks for the awesome forum too, and for tolerating my hypomaniac (but constructive) stance this far. =P
Maximilian Lhoth

Ludwig wrote:Except Troy. I hate Troy.
"Don't hate the player, hate the game(master)" :D

Now to be serious;

Only thing I dislike about the current staff in general is the fact they are kind of "re-newbified" because of all the inactive years. This is not of course personal. I would be in just the same situation, as if I don't play a shard I tend to forget how the things went really.

The issue of PvP with looting causes some trouble as they have no time/mental energy to solve these problems which is understandable. Anyway, some are here information, and suggestion based on the information:

1) The PvP scene of Pangaea is small
2) Small PvP scene leads to less conflicts for the GMs to solve
3) Illegally done looting and complaints about it is what gives GM's too much work
4) Players should be encouraged to not loot illegally, and if something like that happens, they should talk to each other about it first and handle the issue without GM interference (giving items back)
5) Trusted players could get a special role - to solve these situations instead of only gamemasters but would be required to make clear reports what they were told, what they thing really happened, and how they solved the case to later be used if issues arise. It would be a considerably "higher" rank of just Counselor, but considerably "lower" than GM.

People who have broken the rules too should finally get a punishment: barred from PvP totally for 1-6 months, mostly depending on if they are first timers, repeat offenders or repeating repeat offenders. Only form of PvP during that period would be defensive PvP (while escaping a robber), and even if they won the robber they wouldn't be allowed to loot the robber. It's nasty, but meant as a punishment and better than jailtime anyway. Time to make some super elite merchant char maybe, or a druid.
Houston

Post by Houston »

Max, you are having troubles by being specific.

It is really interesting to read what you got to say, no offence.

But aren't you overreacting with the "specific" - thing a bit? :roll:
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

You all have no ideer how good it is to read something like this , since some days can seam long , and this show that it not all bad things that we do , or try to do.

Well reason we have a common religion forum is because the hp of each religion has to solve problems with in the religions with out the staff , to reduce the things we have to get involved in.

the 2 pvp guilds have allways been allowed to create , but it seams like you need some one too lead you on the right path , or is that just me.

I normaly say to players that if i have to get involved it will be marking time but if they find it out them self i wont punish anyone , but failing to do so will get punished and some times quit hard, ask quintos about that one if you need an example.

Please continue if you do have any good things you like to tell us.

i have one Thank you all for playing here , that what realy makes it a fun game.

Alteran
Maximilian Lhoth

Houston wrote:Max, you are having troubles by being specific.

It is really interesting to read what you got to say, no offence.

But aren't you overreacting with the "specific" - thing a bit? :roll:
You mean I am too detailed? Blame my high Autistic Quotient score (I'm proud of it) =)