Looting scripts

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Raphael

Re: Looting scripts

Post by Raphael »

Agree with Darian but ahh well Ill take it as a break.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Weak and sad.

Your fingers get VERY quick once you get a kill in PK for loot.
So why not direct those fingers to PvM aswell?
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Zaradon wrote:Weak and sad.

Your fingers get VERY quick once you get a kill in PK for loot.
So why not direct those fingers to PvM aswell?
Not really sure what you mean here
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

will we get a command where u can pick what u want to loot from npcs and then when u say ie. .loot u get what u picked from the list. list could have such categories as gems,regs,special regs,gold and magic items
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

aldath c'om wrote:will we get a command where u can pick what u want to loot from npcs and then when u say ie. .loot u get what u picked from the list. list could have such categories as gems,regs,special regs,gold and magic items
+1 I'd love that.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Yeah..so annoying to take all the gems and regs one by one..if the quantity is 6+, then its cool to take, but less than that is annoying as hell! Such command would be great : P
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

You'd make PvM less painful if you can implement such a thing- and at least you could in a way differentiate between those who're using scripts to loot in PvP etc.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Glarundis wrote:but i understand the need for this rule because then gm's would have to look more at pvp and supervise more etc
To be honest, it won't require any more work than it does now. Even if looting script is forbidden in PvP now and always has been, we have no guarantees that someone isn't using them as we speak. Even if it was allowed in PvM, it would still be illegal in PvP thus requiring the same amount of supervision as it does now. It would actually mean less work for GMs when they don't have to observe PvM that closely - only PvP.

And what comes to that command. Yes, that would be nice if it could be restricted to NPC-loot only.

A command like that or the loot tablets should be simplified. Instead of monsters carrying all kind of non-magic junk items, they'd only carry gold, the few magic items and reagents and gems. And what comes to reagents and gems, instead of each monster having one of each, they'd have quantities of 5-10 of one or two reagents. Perhaps despise should drop all kind of random junk as well, because newbies might need those items/sell them.
dwight

Post by dwight »

I play here for years and I never used or needed such thing.. this kind of discussion makes me think alot of you are using such tools wich makes me feel that i have some kind of disadvantage now. I think severe punishments should happen to all those who are caught using it and i can't believe such topic is even beeing discussed.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

I've broken a few left mousebuttons due to excessive clicking... :P
Not talking about the medical conditions excessive clicking can give ya even.

Anyhow, I agree with Darian.