Looting scripts

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ivan

Re: Looting scripts

Post by Ivan »

Boris wrote:Afaik (when working together with Wille) you can not separate a player corpse from a monster corpse. When there was discussion about limited looting scripting-wise, Wille made it very clear. This makes looting a 1/0 thing. Either allow looting scripts in any situation (PvP and PvM) or roll as we roll: illegal in any case. Besides 1/0, the alternative option is to allow looting scripts but add a global delay, i.e. 1 item in 1s.

- Boris
What if looting script would search for coins, regeants and gems only? it would not affect pvp at all, since in pvp you loot armours and weapons and suchs thus making .loot command useless.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Keep any looting scripts illegal. We don't need looting scripts on Pangaea.
Last edited by Johnny Walac on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Looting scripts are dumb, either take the extra few seconds looting and get thoose extra coins or just be lazy and accept the fact that you'll make abit less for every monster you kill, like I have.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Quintoz wrote:Looting scripts are dumb, either take the extra few seconds looting and get thoose extra coins or just be lazy and accept the fact that you'll make abit less for every monster you kill, like I have.
Question ain't about time, it's about convenience. If the script would loot the shit exactly as fast as you would loot without the script, then where's the harm?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's still 1/0. Yes or no. On or off.

We don't mind if players want looting scripts legal in any situation. It doesn't affect us one bit.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Deffinitely a no for PvP but PvE I'm for it.
Demian

Post by Demian »

I'd say no. I agree with quintoz, if ya want the extra gold, make the effort to loot, not have a script do it for you.
Biao

Post by Biao »

no. im with quintoz and demian
Ares

Post by Ares »

You can distinguish between mob and player corpses in this case Boris. But what concerns me is the ease of using a looting script if .loot is enabled.. Say it just loots gold and gems, a player could then make a script that .loot's and grabs maul and foci (or other things) at the same time, and we'll have no way of knowing if it was .loot that grabbed 3 different gems and gold or a script that grabbed 3 extra things.

It'll make it a lot harder to tell and monitor at least. Both for you players and for us.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Talerco Pious wrote:Deffinitely a no for PvP but PvE I'm for it.
Having my wrist aching from despise raids.