Covetous dungeon

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

tehsquish

Re: Covetous dungeon

Post by tehsquish »

Dante wrote:I think there's a major flaw with Spirit stone, it was intended to be the main armour for the dungeon but the AR is just too low.

The horrors need removing from level one.

Was you using the correct weapon ore?

And did you realise the mobs are fully resistant to elemental damage?

If spirit stone is the correct armor for Keldien resistance I don't think its working at all.... You get no sound or graphic to indicate any damage was resisted.

Last time I checked Arms lore did not report any enchatment.

If anything spirit stone is making their damage worse if that's even possible.

Please double check that the resistance is working. I don't think AR is the only problem.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Just did some more testing.

Mage with 44 AR - Monocular Bastard hide and sheild

Average hit 15-25

Mage with 59 AR - Phoenix bone and sheild

Average hit 15-25

Warrior with 59 AR - Spirit Stone with Spirit Stone Dupres Sheild

Average hit 20-40

I don't think spirit stone is working at all.... If it is the damage reduced by it is completely negligible - better to wear almost any other armor.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Ares wrote: - Spirit stone has a new use. You'll need to ask Harry the handyman to check old pieces of armor to get them updated, as this only affects new items.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13585

New gear?
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Ares wrote:
Ares wrote: - Spirit stone has a new use. You'll need to ask Harry the handyman to check old pieces of armor to get them updated, as this only affects new items.

New gear?
Ooooh crap.... I'm not sure if it was made before or after... I will try this right now.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

I tried getting harry to check my spirit stones by dragging them onto him but he just said "what do you expect me to do with this?" then I had iktomi confirm the property was on there...

I went back and tested and my numbers were better - so I dunno if I just totally misread the first test or my spirit stones were old... but I didn't get hit for over 25 damage the 2nd test.

Seems Ares is probably right - might be AR is too low...

Is Gloom enough of a boost? I forget how much AR it has over spirit stone.

Edit: Or is there a way you can just boost the power of the spirit stone enchantment?
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

Ares wrote:

New gear?
My spirit Stone plate set was made 2 days ago, so yes it was new.
Ares

Post by Ares »

tehsquish wrote:I tried getting harry to check my spirit stones by dragging them onto him but he just said "what do you expect me to do with this?" then I had iktomi confirm the property was on there...
You need to use the "Can you check this" command to get Harry to fix your armor.
Dante

Post by Dante »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Used elite Snog as they were still poisoned by it and the Immune to elemental damage is what I believe is a huge downside to the dungeon as it eliminates casters except as complete support. I actually didnt mind the casters cause it increased the loot however with their high damage spells if you were wearing spirit stone would probably hurt quite a bit. I wore shalrius is probably why I didnt really care about them too much. Just it is quite packed and and easy to get stuck in the small corridors. I did like the ladder to the new part of the dungeon that was pretty neat. But I'd say the main reason I was a little disappointed is because of the low amount of tickets for how long it takes to make it through.

P.S. Add virtue to the kieldon weakling guys. I know they are 1 hit but really 1 gold and no virtue is kinda just tedious and weapon damaging :D Unless you meant the mass of them blocking ways and such to add to the difficulty.

But like I said it was quite interesting as never seen them before :)

Funnily enough their purpose is eventually to rebel and help the players via a script - but that's on the todo.

Can someone summarise the Pro's and Con's from a players perspective and I'll get back to you.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.
Adram

Post by Adram »

Just finished in there on my own,
cleared lvl 1, ladder room, and paths to lvl 2.

Bugs:
- Resurrection Portal not working
- Impossible to return from ladder room after you die since ghost cant use ladder
- LOS issues... in the paths to level 2 the fragment and witch were casting at me through the mountain. In the ladder room the horror can pretty much cast at you no matter where you are

Recommendations:
- Remove some (most) of the ladders in the ladder room. Specifically the ones to the south when you enter. It creates too much of a pinch point and everything in the whole room just runs at you when you enter. If there is one way to get to each floor, that is enough.
- The kaldian lord was pretty tough but didnt have any decent loot on him. I would just skip that room unless there is more to it (but maybe theres a secret i didnt notice with one of those odd looking rock walls). The best thing the lord was carrying was an expert book of something unimportant. =p Give him a boost in gold and should be master book not expert.

Overall:
I thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the horrors and slaves. I wasnt wearing the proper defensive gear but i had the right offense.
It took me too long to clear, but it was mostly due to the things i mentioned in bugs/recommendations, i think with those changes it will speed it up a bit to where it should be.

This isnt a dungeon for noobs but its a great dungeon. I would rather see this dungeon left as is and make an easier dungeon somewhere else if we want noob dungeons.
right now we have despise, that bug hole, and sewer for noobs.. i think the best option would be to expand the sewer dungeon. Its close to home, perfect for thems noobs.. and who doesnt love fighting in sewers?
Ares

Post by Ares »

Great feedback Adram