Pangaea Status

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What do you think about Pangaea?

There's too much PVP.
42%
I love Pangaea more than i ever did!
50%
Something should be done about this 'issue' (State it)
8%

Total votes: 36

Talerco Pious

Re: Pangaea Status

Post by Talerco Pious »

Mike wrote:Being part of a Veritas wall crew of 20+ people one day and just a PvE guy that wants to be left alone the next is not an option.
Yeah, where's the RP in that?
I whine, therefore I am
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

FYI....3 religion alliance there is no such thing.

the problem with the server atm is tekstone/nox alliance should never of happend, or been allowed. But you an change your religion RP to what you like either way i dont care just looking out for the little people.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Biggs wrote:the problem with the server atm is tekstone/nox alliance should never of happend, or been allowed. But you an change your religion RP to what you like either way i dont care just looking out for the little people.
The tekstone rules were stupid from the start. "Destroye the world but do it with honour". Maybe Dennac realized his plan for honourable world conquest didn't work out and decided to allow it to happen?
I whine, therefore I am
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Biggs wrote:FYI....3 religion alliance there is no such thing.

the problem with the server atm is tekstone/nox alliance should never of happend, or been allowed. But you an change your religion RP to what you like either way i dont care just looking out for the little people.

If that bothers you then you should of seen the sea of red allianced last night.

Not flaming either but when you go to war with every other religion, there's a good chance of a mixture of all showing up periodically.

Was entertaining as hell though.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Talerco Pious wrote:
Biggs wrote:the problem with the server atm is tekstone/nox alliance should never of happend, or been allowed. But you an change your religion RP to what you like either way i dont care just looking out for the little people.
The tekstone rules were stupid from the start. "Destroye the world but do it with honour". Maybe Dennac realized his plan for honourable world conquest didn't work out and decided to allow it to happen?
I can garentee all the old tekkies had more fun making people bow before them in honour of dennac, and when they didnt justice would be serverd. Now there is no honor hense the fact the OOC hatred which breeds a hostile enviroment that is no fun for anyone [red or blue.], and is inccreasingly hard to police for the staff.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I do like the raising activity of the shard because of the reason of PvP, but the RP of all this PvP hording is kind of weak.

There was much more quality in the RP back in the days and it was even fun to PvP, but now. Its weak, leaking, metagaming and pretty much all about collecting items.

I'm not sure whats gone into the players about only making a robber, just to PK. It seems there is NO WAY for any player to be left as a _regular_ murder and roleplay something else than the need for items.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Using the "good old days" card doesn't apply.

Robberies have always been the same and generally I'd say the bar is now higher compared to the days when I was active as a player.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Vaux27 wrote:
Biggs wrote:FYI....3 religion alliance there is no such thing.

If that bothers you then you should of seen the sea of red allianced last night.

Not flaming either but when you go to war with every other religion, there's a good chance of a mixture of all showing up periodically.

Was entertaining as hell though.
Well, Tekstone has been at war with every religion pretty much through Pang's history. There has only been a few exceptions. In the past however, Law and Imperial were in two different camps that also opposed each other and Nature were not that active in PvP. Politics is fine but it goes both ways, and the percieved injustice of the situation will also empower red guilds with religious protection that would not have been granted otherwise.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

It's true that people have always complained of robberies and the "lack of RP" in them. For example I remember clearly how Korec and SoD was mocked about the "I death you" line forever. You should keep in mind that robbery situations are nothing but robberies. RP means lot of different things, not just event of group of characters chatting or emotioning. Robberies are part of the roleplay world on Pangaea. Playing a robber is one role of a character and the actions of a robber is to rob people, not to spend 10 minutes of chit-chatting with the victim of how beautiful day it is. Being pissed about robberies is fully understandable but complaining of the lack of RP in them is something I don't personally understand.

This isn't meant to be a defence speech for the robbers, but it's just something you should think about when playing on a shard where robberies are allowed, they're part of the world just like any other kind of action.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

The all red alliance has been created becouse there are too many good guys and we are their only enemys. So don't put the blame on us for making the best out of a shitty situation.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat