The off. FU thread moved-> http://flames.here.ws/

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Esmeralda

Re: The official FxCK YOU thread

Post by Esmeralda »

Valentino wrote: I have to admit though, even I don't know what that longish word that Geryn posted after 'semi-retarded' means.
Really no? I found that word creation very interesting considering the author seems to be on tilt.
stating the obnoxious
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

Essy wrote:
Valentino wrote: I have to admit though, even I don't know what that longish word that Geryn posted after 'semi-retarded' means.
Really no? I found that word creation very interesting considering the author seems to be on tilt.
'Infantalegomaniac' is the word I meant, but now that I realise it is two words 'infantal egomaniac' I get it now, sorry. :oops:
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

The word "infantalegomaniac" does not exist if someone still wonders.

I believe he meant a mixture of these:

Infantilism: obsolete use of the term for some developmental disorders and disabilities
Egomania: obsessive preoccupation with the self

"Semi-retarded" would probably mean "borderline intellectual functioning", formerly known as "borderline mental retardation" which means something between "normal" and "mildly retarded".

My intellectual functioning has been tested officially twice (the tests were included in ADHD tests and crap - yes, I was diagnosed with ADHD) and believe it or not the result was just the opposite, so I guess I can ignore the retard-related crap.

(Here on the forum "retard" generally seems to mean just someone who does not agree with you or someone who annoys you anyway - or who acts in a silly or provocative way, it can mean quite much anything. It's like the adult's variant of lil kids calling each other "gay" without really meaning homosexual, but just "someone I don't like (at the moment)")

And egomania... I dunno. I'm obsessed with stuff, fo sho, but not obsessed with myself to the extent of egomania, I think.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda »

Valentino wrote:'Infantalegomaniac' is the word I meant, but now that I realise it is two words 'infantal egomaniac' I get it now, sorry. :oops:
I am aware what you meant, your description was easy. The word semi-retarded was only used once to my surprise. It has a good sound! Semi-retarded. Just close your eyes and compare it to the coarse "tard" or "f*cktard"!

Albeit i must admit, i am not entirely sure why he used semi. Does he refer to a hemispheric view of the brain or does he simply credit his opponents ability to speak - which makes him twice as smart as a slice of bread? Therefore semi = two slices of bread.

Maybe we can solve this riddle tomorrow. Why is Max just semi? :shock:
stating the obnoxious
Whitewolf

Post by Whitewolf »

Valentino

Post by Valentino »

Haha, look at what my lazy reading started. I didn't mean to start a depiction of Geryn's choice of words, but what the hell.

His use of semi-retarded is probably because realistically a retarded person wouldn't be able to comprehend or understand the meaning of what he himself said. Also, he used 'infantal' so he was probably just trying to compare his behaviour to a child's rather than a retard's. So as Essy said, yes, it is a credit to his speaking capabilities.

Though, as Max says, he probably just used it because it sounded right. :|
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I love to spam this topic with LOL's...so once again...space space

LOL
Whitewolf

Post by Whitewolf »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:"Lol"?

Not Geryn:

Geryn: